free website stats program Carb jetting Qs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb jetting Qs

If you do drill it the slide will over react to vacuum changes then shunt up and down a wee bit till it is in the right place
So it will tend to surge then cut then surge again and cut and on close throttle cut then surge

Brian

OK, so I put the new jets in and its running real well....but...I notices little whiffs of white smoke out the exhaust when I rev it. Turn the mixture screw in ?? I'm off to get a set of plugs now.They might help.

The idle mixture screw doesnt come into play anything above idle. It would depend when the smoke appears. Does it stumble? Smell like raw fuel? Burning oil?
I would ride a tank full through it and then re-evaluate. The whole fine tune of carb happens over a period of time IMO. Get it to where it runs acceptable and evaluate it long term. Small adjustments, carry a small screwdriver so you can adjust a little here and a little there.

I'm getting it zero'd in now, just one more question. Should I stick with the stock size plug or change or change it because of the jetting and exhaust? And thanks for all the advice!!!

Blessing of The Bikes, here we come !!

Stay with the stock plugs i have always used Harley Davidson plugs as i find them easily available and at a reasonable price and they do work well i change mine once a year and have never had one fail

Brian

Back