free website stats program Carb accelerator pump nozzle question | Harley Davidson Forums

Carb accelerator pump nozzle question

SnoDrtRider

Did a search and checked the self help tips and could not find this info.
I servicing the carb on an 84FXRS I turned the pump nozzle thinking it unscrewed to get to the check ball.
Problem is I don't know which direction the nozzle should squirt.
By chance I got it facing across the carb throat and it seems to work fine in that orientation. The question is does it belong squirting straight into the carb bore?
I on one hand I would think squirting the fuel across the bore would help atomize the fuel into finer droplets but on the other hand squirting directly into the bore would get the fuel down the bore faster.
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I think it would be a Bendix carb???

Some like to aim it ant the main metering rod but in the CV carbs but I like it squirting down the throat. It will get enough atomization on it's own.

Some like to aim it ant the main metering rod but in the CV carbs but I like it squirting down the throat. It will get enough atomization on it's own.

Thanks for the quick reply...

This is not a CV carb (no metering rod) it is just a simple throttle valve carb if that makes a difference in your opinion.

Thanks!

On simple Butterfly carbs, I also go for down the throat. I have tried other ways but none seem to work better than what Glider recommends..

Down the throat Bendix is a pretty easy carb to work on, no longer American made tho

Back