free website stats program Car tires for the fatboy... | Harley Davidson Forums

Car tires for the fatboy...

mat 60

I was looking around and there is this bike fourm that most of its members run car tires on bikes...What do you guys think of that..:)..No, I havent been drinking..

Only the mind can limit the imagination of possibilities even if they are crazy.

To me the whole darkside mount thing is for guys that like to do alot of burnouts and not spend the money replacing real bike tires. There are quite a few websites out there that discuss this and many of them mount the 40 dollar special car tires to do this.

You guys are right though......would hate to run those bikes in the rain!

Friend of mine owns the Boss Hoss Dealership here in Houston. they ran car tires on the rear when he first started selling them, straight from Manufacturer like that. mainly because I dont think there was a street legal motorcycle tire would hold up on one. Now they run motorcycle tires, but I still see new ones come into his showroom with car tires on the rear. Mostly McCreary or M/T's. guess it depends on the rider.
I run motorcycle tires on my motorcycle, and truck tires on my truck. Don't own a car so can't say on that.

Friend of mine owns the Boss Hoss Dealership here in Houston. they ran car tires on the rear when he first started selling them, straight from Manufacturer like that. mainly because I dont think there was a street legal motorcycle tire would hold up on one. Now they run motorcycle tires, but I still see new ones come into his showroom with car tires on the rear. Mostly McCreary or M/T's. guess it depends on the rider.
I run motorcycle tires on my motorcycle, and truck tires on my truck. Don't own a car so can't say on that.

If you look into the Boss Hoss, I think you will find that they need the wider car tire on the rear for any kind of traction at all with the flat surface it provides.
I test rode one of these with the big wide car tire and you can easily smoke that from a roll of about 35 MPH with just throttle so a motorcycle tire with the smaller contact patch wouldn't give as much traction as the car tire. Different animal here.

not really different animal. thats why i said back in the day when they were first being sold as a complete bike (previously you got a kit to convert a harley frame to use a SBC) they ran car tires, there were no 300 series bike tires.
they will boil smoke off even the McCreary tires, at anything under 50mph.
I wouldn't run car tires on a bike, seen it done lots, only on the back, never the front. i would think handling would be impossible with one on the front. Either way, it seems to work for some, not for others. Just like oil/etc.
Car tire on my Harley, NOT!
car tire on the crotch rocket, NOT EVER!
Car tire on drag bike, yeah!

I've been running car tires on the rear of my 08 for about 50K miles. In the rain is where it really shines. The worse the weather, the better the it gets. Though it isn't for everyone, it is something you have to try to be able to form an informed opinion. And yes, I can still drag pegs in the curves.

I've been running car tires on the rear of my 08 for about 50K miles. In the rain is where it really shines. The worse the weather, the better the it gets. Though it isn't for everyone, it is something you have to try to be able to form an informed opinion. And yes, I can still drag pegs in the curves.

Hi....Can you post some piks on your album ?...May I ask what is the reason you run car tires?....Also ..Welcome aboard..:D

Back