free website stats program Cape Bretoner aboard... | Harley Davidson Forums

Cape Bretoner aboard...

mj4all2use

Canada Canada

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Cape Bretoner on board..
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hello all
I am just getting back on the go after a long battle with Lupus, multiple hip replacements and revisions, and way to many other health issues to type..lol Grew up riding dirt bikes..then virago's...and a sporty..In 1989 had both hips replaced at the same time..had a seizure in 90..crushed two vertebrae in back and fractured my pelvis thus destroying my new hips..revision..bone grafting and multiple surgeries left me with nerve damage in both hips and chronic pain...Roughly 3 years ago I purchased a sporty custom and began my trek back ..its not easy.But I am riding.. Just bought a 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..for those long trips..It has a high flow air filter, V&H duals,caplypso 21 front rim, but the rest is stock..I am getting the cam tensioner upgraded and the oil pump..SE kit..figured I should also replace the cam while apart...Few questions folks..what would be the cam for me? chain or gear?..I drive probably 60/40 highway/city..Should I replace the lifters and springs?..recommended push rods? Anything else you knowledgeable folks can help point me to would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Canada Canada

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Cape Bretoner on board..
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Hello all
I am just getting back on the go after a long battle with Lupus, multiple hip replacements and revisions, and way to many other health issues to type..lol Grew up riding dirt bikes..then virago's...and a sporty..In 1989 had both hips replaced at the same time..had a seizure in 90..crushed two vertebrae in back and fractured my pelvis thus destroying my new hips..revision..bone grafting and multiple surgeries left me with nerve damage in both hips and chronic pain...Roughly 3 years ago I purchased a sporty custom and began my trek back ..its not easy.But I am riding.. Just bought a 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..for those long trips..It has a high flow air filter, V&H duals,caplypso 21 front rim, but the rest is stock..I am getting the cam tensioner upgraded and the oil pump..SE kit..figured I should also replace the cam while apart...Few questions folks..what would be the cam for me? chain or gear?..I drive probably 60/40 highway/city..Should I replace the lifters and springs?..recommended push rods? Anything else you knowledgeable folks can help point me to would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Welcome Home Harley Davidson Community

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

................................................................................................................

Back