free website stats program Can't wait now for Memorial Day | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't wait now for Memorial Day

bwalsh22

I have a major project I am running now that requires me to be in San Jose for Memorial Day weekend, so far our team has lined things up to finish no later then mid Sunday which gives me back my Memorial Day...Guys I am working with ride too and I just secured my reservation of a 2010 Street Glide for the Day :D

Did I say I can't wait, guy that lives out there has some nice routes to go on and this will be the first touring bike I have ever ridden, well only bike other than my bike or the DMV training bikes.

Just had to share my excitement! Also, please don't let me convince my self to sell my Bob for one of these :51:

In case anyone is wondering too or has any watch outs... I rented from California Motorcycle Adventures, checked out PCC and Eagle Rider, but PCC did not have anything smaller for the one guy (who just got his license and is vertically challenged) and Eagle Rider would have required us to go into San Fran first.

You will love that SG I rode one during demo days last year , it's light floating on a cloud , must be the air shocks . The one thing I didn't like was the toe & heel shifter probably because i wasn't use to it . I have a 09 Night Train and like I said you'll really like the SG , I did but not enough to trade the NT for it , not my style of ride but if I were to do a lot of long distant crusing I'd have one in a heart beat .

You are really tempting yourself... Fate always has a funny way of changing things. Best of luck on your trip be safe and "ENJOY" the Glide. Remember: Someday you will own a Bagger.

Someday you will own a Bagger.

I'm pretty sure of that, just a matter of when. Probably after the 3 kids are all out of the house and colleges are all paid off...with my youngest only a year old, I am sure it is going to be a while. Although if I keep tempting myself like this I may end up with one sooner than I thought.

I'm pretty sure of that, just a matter of when. Probably after the 3 kids are all out of the house and colleges are all paid off...with my youngest only a year old, I am sure it is going to be a while. Although if I keep tempting myself like this I may end up with one sooner than I thought.

When I bought my EG in 2008 my oldest was 4 and my youngest 2. I purchased a house the same year with loosing my job. So if its meant to be go for it. For you are not getting any younger. Taking a risk sometimes is good for the soul..:s

Well, I just got back from a tiring, working Memorial Day Weekend. We did get everything done by Sunday though so that we could pick up the bikes and spend Monday riding. What a great ride! Sunday went somewhere near San Jose near at the water reservoirs and Monday, started at Alices, down to the PCH, stop in Santa Cruz, to the Redwoods and back to the office.

I had a blast and the Street Glide was everything I thought it would be and more. Surprisingly more nimble then I anticipated and a really smooth ride. Everyone wanted to ride my glide so I did allow them and rode the 2 Heritages we had. I can say I was not all that impressed whether it was the model year, care for the bikes or what, I was not impressed with the Heritage, just too much vibration. Maybe it was from spending my time enjoying the tunes and the smooth ride of the glide. My passenger though enjoyed the seat they had on the Heritage better.

Overall, really enjoyed the 1 day we had to enjoy and I had the opportunity to have a passenger too, something I had never done. Plus the roads were great, have not been on that many twisties in my 3 years of riding so far.

If anyone is going out to the area and needs a rental. I highly recommend California Motorcycle Adventures (Eileen, Scott and Ernie) were fantastic to work with!! They have a 37 bike stock to choose from and take good care of you.

Attachments

• SomewhereNearSanJose.jpg
    SomewhereNearSanJose.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12
  • MeAndTheGlideAtAlices.jpg
    MeAndTheGlideAtAlices.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 13
Back