free website stats program cant wait for manual need to ride now | Harley Davidson Forums

cant wait for manual need to ride now

bootscoot98

Hello out there, New guy here, I am changing all the oils in my scoot and does anybody know when checking the levels in tranny and motor does the bike need to be straight up or on side stand, 1998 road king classic, Have manual ordered but cant wait for it to ride,

Hello out there, New guy here, I am changing all the oils in my scoot and does anybody know when checking the levels in tranny and motor does the bike need to be straight up or on side stand, 1998 road king classic, Have manual ordered but cant wait for it to ride,

ummm not sure about your model but look in the self help section for manuals, there are downloadable HD manuals for sale at reasonable prices

Thanks, Already ordered manual should be here soon, Hopfully by weekend.

I'm sorry for my ambiguity, but what I meant was there are some places for less than $10 you can immediately download the actual HD manual so you don't have to wait.

I have both the $60 dealer sold manual and the download. Both of mine are identical. I like using the digital one since it's in PDF printable format and you can just print out the pages you need for the garage and not have to worry about getting them greased up or trashed during the work.

You can also crank up several instances of the digital manual and jump back and forth to the pages you are following for each item. Just thought I would shoot that out to ya in case you might be interested.

Yesterday Harley posted this up

Owner's manuals and complete maintenance schedules are now available on harley-davidson.com. Get the info you and your bike have been waiting for.

I checked, and mine was there - I got my Street Bob about 2 1/2 weeks ago and my manual off of Ebay about a week ago - could have saved me $$$$

Engine oil should be checked with bike on jiffy stand, hot. Bike should be straight up for trans. Trans. oil is usually hard to see on stick.

Gotchya, Sounds like good advise will do, Thanks Again

bootscoot, breeze has your answer on your model's position for checking, also I assume you know the specs for crankcase cold and hot checking ? Don't know about your model (if it's a dry sump etc) but on my Dyna when it's cold the oil should not be near the full mark, only abou 1/2 way down. Then after warm up it should be up near the full mark.

Yesterday Harley posted this up
Owner's manuals and complete maintenance schedules are now available on harley-davidson.com. Get the info you and your bike have been waiting for.

I checked, and mine was there - I got my Street Bob about 2 1/2 weeks ago and my manual off of Ebay about a week ago - could have saved me $$$$

Hmmm I will check that out, did you mean owner's manuals (as you said) or repair manuals ?

Engine oil should be checked with bike on jiffy stand, hot. Bike should be straight up for trans. Trans. oil is usually hard to see on stick.

Yep, Breeze has it correct. Thought he was wrong because my '98 softail (and sportster is same) oil is checked straight up, but owner manual says for your model to be on jiffy and straight up for tranny and primary. Should have known not to doubt the Breeze.

Yep, Breeze has it correct. Thought he was wrong because my '98 softail (and sportster is same) oil is checked straight up, but owner manual says for your model to be on jiffy and straight up for tranny and primary. Should have known not to doubt the Breeze.

That is a good call,,,,

He MIGHT forget to post a Link or something in the Middle of posting it tho' :small3d007:

You should know;

He's MY brother from another mother. He MIGHT even look like me IF his avatar pict is of him.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back