free website stats program Can't make up my mind for new exhaust.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't make up my mind for new exhaust....

If they made the Big Radius 2-1 for Touring bikes - I'd definitely put a set on my 09 SG. I think these pipes (in black) would look & perform awesome on a Train, JMO.

Last edited:
i have owned my 02 nightrain since 03. It came with a 2 into 2 cycle shack exhaust. blah. better than stock, but not much. Then i put a samson shorty staggered exhaust on with no baffels and used power cones. Sounded great...SUPER loud and good useable power.

Used the shorty for awhile and needed a change. I installed a zippers thundermax ECM. (without the O2 censors) When i did this i changed out the chain cam tensioners to S&S gear drive. I will never have to go in again and change the tensioner. Direct gear drive also gives abit more torque. While in there i changed out the stock cams to S&S 510 grind cams. Adjustable push rods too. After doing these changes remapped the ECM and rode it. Noticeable differance in power and torque.

I had my bike dyno'd and the guy doing it said you bike is running rich and you could be pulling better numbers. Low 80's. So change was due.

The last thing i have done to the bike is noticeable. I installed a closed loop system from thundermax from zippers. (O2 ports in the pipes like a 07 harley). This will pick up the richer exhaust and automatically tell the ECM to readjust. I also order a black 2 into 1

Back