free website stats program Can't Get Fairing Cap Back On | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't Get Fairing Cap Back On

I appreciate everyone's suggestions but.....have you ever just wanted to get something finished? Even though you know you'd eventually get it figured out?

Mid 40's and sunny so I was in the mood for a ride anyway. Headed up to the the dealer in Cartersville and they got it right in about 30 minutes. While I was waiting I had the parts guy look up the tool in the Drag Specialties catalog - $100! I think I'll fashion my own if I ever need one in the future.

Glad to see you got it done. Here's a tool I came across today. $25 delivered.
Harley Ignition Switch Tool
I also saw a post from Smitty that explains how to align with a screwdriver.

Thanks, Breeze!

If I'd really thought ahead and anticipated this problem, I would have done some research and had this tool in hand and ready to go. However, I've had the lights sitting in their box next to my nightstand since I bought them at Biketoberfest in October and I finally just decided to get my sorry self out into the garage and get them installed. Didn't exactly rush but didn't think it through 100% either.

Thanks, Breeze!

If I'd really thought ahead and anticipated this problem, I would have done some research and had this tool in hand and ready to go. However, I've had the lights sitting in their box next to my nightstand since I bought them at Biketoberfest in October and I finally just decided to get my sorry self out into the garage and get them installed. Didn't exactly rush but didn't think it through 100% either.

Some times the best laid plans go side ways, glad you got it fixed Doc, enjoy your ride now that it is warming a bit:s

Glad things are back together and you didn't have to buy a new fairing. LOL

Actually it was just the fairing CAP - the plastic shroud under the ignition switch that holds the cruise and ACC on/off switches. I can't imagine what replacing a messed up fairing would cost!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some times the best laid plans go side ways, glad you got it fixed Doc, enjoy your ride now that it is warming a bit:s

Hard to believe mid 40's is "warming up" but after the cold stretch we just had, you're absolutely right. I feel bad for our northern brothers and sisters who would give just about anything for temps in the 40's or 50's this time of year.

Back