free website stats program Can't get battery cover off | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't get battery cover off

67wizard

I know this may sound dumb but I can't get the battery cover off my 2010 Ultra Classic. I removed the seat and the two bolts holding the cover on. Then remover the ECM unit but their seems to be something holding the front part of the cover down. I don't want to pull to hard and break something. I don't access to a manuel and I live fifty miles out of town. Can't find a picture any place to help. I know it is something small but I can't find it.
Any help or ideas? Please
I'm trying to put on a battery tender also a plug for elecrtic gear.:small3d023:

67 look in your right side cover as there may be a connection harness already in there for battery tender they had one on my 09 flhx. If my memory serves me correctly there are two plastic clips that just need to be pushed open.

This might help? It's a 09 but I think their the same.

BATTERY
Disconnection and Removal
1. Remove seat.
2. See Figure 1-31. If present, move purge solenoid (1) forward
to release from top caddy. Release HFSM antenna
(2) from top caddy and move out of the way.
3. Remove fasteners (4).
4. Cut cable ties (3) and move harnesses to allow more
clearance for the top caddy.
5. See Figure 1-32. Release top caddy from front hold-down
and rotate top caddy (1) out of the way.
Warning:
Disconnect negative (-) battery cable first. If positive (+)
cable should contact ground with negative (-) cable connected,
the resulting sparks can cause a battery explosion,
which could result in death or serious injury.

batteryjpg.jpg

Here is where the problem is.I can't see the front hold down.
I guess its there some place. I'll keep looking.
See Figure 1-32. Release top caddy from front hold-down
and rotate top caddy (1) out of the way.

Thanks.:(

If I was King or maybe just the Grand Poo-bah of Harley Davidson, I would give every buyer of a new Harley their very own copy of the service manual which covered the model bike they were buying. If only I was... :D

If I was King or maybe just the Grand Poo-bah of Harley Davidson, I would give every buyer of a new Harley their very own copy of the service manual which covered the model bike they were buying. If only I was... :D
Careful what you wish for, if Harley did do it every bike would cost $500.00 more:)

Chopper, scary but true...somethimes it helps to just be thankful that somethings being a little short of expectations can still be a good thing. Would hate to see price of an HD rise to a point where it turns into a piece of "UnObtanium" only the rich...(far be it from me to say those of us are not rich if we already own one)!!! :D

There's a metal tab on the front that slips through a slot in the cover (opposite the screws you removed). You have to pull (or push, I can't remember, I just did it last weekend DOH!) towards or away from the plastic cover and it will come right off. The metal tab has a zig zag bent into it. Once you see what they did, you'll say..."that was easy".

Thanks larryjmiller.
I have seen that metal tab and have pulled it away from the battery and it move. I guess I have not pulled on it hard enough to get it free. I just didn't want to screw it up.

Back