free website stats program Can't disarm my alarm | Harley Davidson Forums

Can't disarm my alarm

rickpny

Hey guys, I am brand new to this site, I have found a ton of information here and I think the site is great. I am a total skip when it comes to Harleys, and it is the first bike I’ve owned in almost 22 years. I can not get my wife’s 2007XL1200L started. The bike has less then 200 miles on it. I checked all the fuses, the battery is putting out 13.65 volts, I get no codes when I run the diagnostics check (odometer) and the FOB (button less) battery is brand new. The bike ran fine last week. I’ve read the post with the instructions for manually disarming the alarm. When I turn the key to “ignition” and press both turn signals, the hazard lights go on and I do get the flashing dashes. HELP Thanks.

Welcome to the forum rick, when you tried to disarm manually did you have the run/off switch set to off? Otherwise pressing both the signals just turns on your 4 way flashers. Also if you got a owners manual with the bike in the back of the book it has a couple of punch out cards telling you how to manually disarm as well as a card to tell you how to put the bike in transport mode for trailering. Are you sure the the security system is the problem? Is the starter disabled & lights flashing while you are trying to start it? If so try setting the fob or fob's on the seat of the bike, then try it? Let us know.

hi there thats not how you disarm the alarm , see if his helps
i think you do the left turnsignal twice right once too enter manual mode then enter pin code via ts.

More info on the alarm functions.

To verify your PIN code, proceed as follows with the FOB present..
Turn ignition on-off-on-off-on.Then hit the left blinker button twice-then the right button once *. You should get the current pin number displayed in the odometer window.
Don't waste any time doing this or it will not work.

*With a button fob system you must hit the button on fob twice instead of hitting right signal to enter new code. Same to find existing PIN. Button fob twice instead of right signal.

Let's assume for simplicity that your code is set at 31313 and you wish to use the manual disarm of the security system using the directional switches as if you lost your fob and cannot disarm the system.

Your security system will disarm the bike and it cannot be started without deactivating the system first.

This applies to systems using the button type security fob only. See further down the page for later button less models.

If you are unsure of what the manual code is refer to the top of this page or check with your dealer and set one if it has not been set by them. Failure to set a manual code may require a replacement of the TSSM should a problem arise and they come at a healthy price.

Again this is based on your code being 31313 just to make it easier to understand.

1. Turn the ignition to Accessory.

2. Press both turn signals. (security light should flash rapidly)

3. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

4. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

5. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

6. Press left turn signal button 1 time. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

7. Press left turn signal button 3 times. Press right turn signal button 1 time.

Security light stops flashing and security system is disarmed.

If you've changed the number, use your new number instead of 31313.

Here's a copy of the wallet alarm card if you have lost yours.

Image hosting, free photo sharing video sharing at Photobucket

Image hosting, free photo sharing video sharing at Photobucket

Button less fobs (Smart FOB)

To view how to deactivate the security system using the manual PIN codes, read here.
http://www.***********/diagnostics_a..._injection_rel ated/1996-manual_alarm_disarming.html (http://www.***********/diagnostics_a..._injection_rel ated/1996-manual_alarm_disarming.html)

To view/change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

1. Select 5 digit code (1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

2007XLDisarm.jpg

Replace the fob battery, I had both of my die at the same time just a couple of weeks ago.

OK so the skip finally disabled the security system, Chopper thanks for the run/off switch advice. Jerryw618, I had to remove the brand new battery from the FOB and turn the key to the “accessory” position in order to get the system to disarm. Guess what? It’s not the security system keeping the bike from starting. HD4ME & RetiredJake, I had a new battery in the FOB, Thanks. The snow is coming down again on Long Island, I’ll have to wait until I can wheel the bike out of my cramped garage and go on down the list. I’ll be back, wish me luck you guys are great thanks for the help.

I was able to start the bike by jumping a wire from the positive terminal to the connection on the starter. I removed the starter and system relay, switched them and bam. She started right up.

Did you keep the old parts and use an ohmmeter and visual inspection to see what was actually bad. If the relay was good, keep it as a spare. If the starter was bad, you can rebuild it off the bike as a backup...the starter clutch is about $90, the solenoind rebuild kit $25 (I would just burnish contacts just enough to remove pitting) and store the rebuilt takeoff for emergency purpose (wrap in plastic freezer bag).

Back