free website stats program Cant decide... | Harley Davidson Forums

Cant decide...

So I have narrowed down the exhaust that I want to either the Vance and Hines Big Shots Staggered Black or the black Thunderheader. Any opinions or performance stats to help me with my decision would be appreciated. I did order the Vance and Hines Duke air cleaner and the TFI for the bike. Just waiting to get home to apply it. May just go ahead and order the exhaust and send it all back to the dealer to be installed before I get there. That way I can try to enjoy the bike a little before it becomes a garage ornament for the winter.

if you intend on doing more mods ie cams and heads then only one choice the thunderheader, if you want a bit more than stock and will be doing nothing more then the staggereds will be fine
I have no intentions at this time to do anything more in the line of mods. Honestly just changing the intake and exhaust because I dont like the way the factory stuff looks or sounds.

Thanks once again for your input.

just been and refreshed myself with the staggereds as i thought they were longer than they are :D me i would go for them just on the looks alone
Being this is a brand new bike and still under warranty, I cant help but to think that it would be best to have the dealership do the install of these items. Do you agree?

Being this is a brand new bike and still under warranty, I cant help but to think that it would be best to have the dealership do the install of these items. Do you agree?

I agree to disagree...my preference is to self-install all mods on the scoot. What better way to learn your ride & make sure things are done correctly. Yes the dealership can install your options, but for a hefty price. Save the labor, break out the tools & let the mod fun begin - you won't regret it.

Also, if you elect to do these installs, recommend you get the bike's service manual b/c it will guide you through all the work. Enjoy!

Josh,these are very simple mods.Do it yourself and save the money.
Thanks guys, I am definetly not afraid of a wrench, my concern is more about the warranty. I would hate to do something, end up with a problem and then have HD tell me I voided the warranty by making a change.

Thanks guys, I am definetly not afraid of a wrench, my concern is more about the warranty. I would hate to do something, end up with a problem and then have HD tell me I voided the warranty by making a change.

Don't Forget, With These modifications, you will NEED to upgrade the Fuel as the bike is ALREADY too lean from HD and with exhaust and air modifications, You will Need to increase a little fuel.. Might I suggest the TFI.... MANY here use it and easy to Install and Set-up....

You will be glad you did the suggested TFI.(.)

signed....BUBBIE

Don't Forget, With These modifications, you will NEED to upgrade the Fuel as the bike is ALREADY too lean from HD and with exhaust and air modifications, You will Need to increase a little fuel.. Might I suggest the TFI.... MANY here use it and easy to Install and Set-up....

You will be glad you did the suggested TFI.(.)

signed....BUBBIE
Thanks Bubbie, I have already ordered the TFI. Got a cool discount for being military, sold it to me for $150. Well, not entirely true as they made a mistake and billed me both the original price and the discounted price on two seperate transactions, but I am sure that they will be happy to fix that. I am just waiting for Monday to straighten that out.

I put the BSS on the Fatboy with the SE Air Cleaner and a TFI - couldn't me more happy with that setup, that'll probably be all of the performance upgrades I do to her (at least I can say thay now... we'll see in a few more years :D )

Back