free website stats program Cannot display codes...any help?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cannot display codes...any help??

EFI>>> this has a carb

Was the >>> you typed actually meant to be ??? but you hit the wrong key? If you meant "EFI ???" and you have a Crane Stand alone ignition with a carburetor with no injectors, no throttle body, no Map sensor or crank sensor, I can now understand why the check engine light is always "ON".

I may be reading way to deep into this problem.(?)

YES... it is running a carb. So I am pretty sure it doesn't have some of the sensors and certainly doesn't have the throttle body. The ignition module is also aftermarket. YOU THINK THIS IS WHY the light is always on???????
I just ordered the diagnostic manual from HD today....I'll be interested to read up on it either way.
Also, if the light IS on due to a stored code, I'd like to know what it was and clear it.
Thanks!!

YOU THINK THIS IS WHY the light is always on???????

I have other questions but I would say it's safe to say 'Yes'.

If the original factory electrical system has been modified in any way, you would always have a check engine light that would be lit and a code(s) you could never clear.

Since you now have a Crane stand-alone ignition system, I am sure you have a stack of error codes that will never clear.

Back