free website stats program Cannot display codes...any help?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cannot display codes...any help??

DR_DEUCE

Hi guys, working on a 2003 King. It constantly displays the engine light, and when I hook up the jumper to get the codes, the light never goes out. I have an 05 manual, but that doesn't help me. This is a buddies bike.
Any help is appreciated....THX!!

Sir>> I read the archive. Looked good so I joined the forum!!! I jumped the 1-2 pins, then turned the key, then hit switch to "run". Red engine light stays on!
Here's the original problem:
Buddy was on a ride and bike (EDIT) out, but he heard clicking sound repeatedly.He disconnected battery and towed bike here. Turned out that someone installed the voltage regulator and spliced the line, which shorted to ground. I fixed that, then he rode it about 2 blocks after he left me. It cut out, lights and all, then the lights will come back on. I figured it to be a taxed breaker so I replaced that. Bike fires and runs, but I am reluctant to give it a try, as it (EDIT) out last time. There was no engine light then, so I'd like to see what the bike thinks, before possibly having to push it home............

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone comment on why the engine light is always lit when the switch is in the "run" position......................

I believe it is because a DTC (error code) is in memory as a current code.

Try this. It really is for a 2001 but may work on your 2003.

Steps:
Disarm alarm if so equipped.
Run/Off switch to OFF
Ignition Key: ON,OFF,ON,OFF,ON (and leave ON)

Press LEFT turn signal switch TWICE. Wait for 1 or 2 flashes..

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal will flash 1 time

Press RIGHT turn signal switch ONCE => turn signal flashes 2 times

Press RIGHT turn Signal switch ONCE => turn signals flash 3 times

Press LEFT turn signal switch ONCE. TROUBLE CODES WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED (stream)

TO CLEAR ANY CODES,,,=> PRESS & HOLD LEFT signal switch for 5 seconds. => turn
signal will now flash twice to confirm memory is clear.

Turn ignition OFF.

See what happens!

Hoople...this started to function as you mentioned...but did not clear nor display any codes. Light still on constant. I think I'll order the electrical manual from Jenny.

Wow. I was really expecting good news. That Magnetti Morelli system is a bear to work with. I am glad HD decided to go with Delphi after '03 just for reasons like this.

I tried the jumber way and was not successful, this is how I check mine and it works all the time.

Run switch on
turn ing swith on for 6 seconds
ing off for 3 seconds
on 3 seconds
off 3 seconds
on and leave on in about 8 seconds the check engine light starts flashing at about 3 flashes per second too fast to count dont try counting the flashes yet, after a few seconds it will stop flashing for a couple of seconds if it starts flashing at the same rate as before you dont have any stored codes, if it flashes at about a flash per second start counting flashes, first digit of code then a two second pause and second digit, after it displays all the stored codes it will start flashing fast againg then start from the top, and display the codes again.

Hope this helps.

Roadking01>>> that does't work either....
this bike has a CraneCams Fireball Performance Ignition box on it. I wonder if this is causing some difficulties???
I'm quite sure the blower has nothing to do with this problem, though!!!!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you, are you sure the bike has the Magnetti Morrelli EFI system and not the Delphi?

Back