free website stats program Canadians! Who's going to Dover? | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadians! Who's going to Dover?

patski

Hey everyone :)

I just wanted to check in and see who's going to Port Dover this year? I've never been...because I just got my first Harley, LOL!

I don't have Friday off, but I *do* have Thursday off. I was told by a fellow biker that festivities start on Thursday the 12th. I wanna go! I'm trying to talk my spouse into going with me!

Who's going? What can I expect? What can I spend money on? lol

Port Dover is in the Book of Records as the largest single day motorcycle ralley in the world. I didn't know they had started things a day early but it makes sense for the vendor's to set up early. Expect lots of people, lots of bikes and on the 13th no cars. Have fun!

Friday is the day to be there. Thursday may give you the feel of Dover Lot of bikes coming early to camp and settle in for Friday. I myself go to Simco thursday check in my motel relax and get up early and spend the13th in Dover.Found this to be the best for me because i have a 5hr drive from home.Hope to see some HD Talking members there:cheers

Just remember this is 50th anniversary for this event, it will be jammed not to mention way to many of ontario's finest men in blue there. Keep the rubber side down.

That is what I have heard, that there will be lots of Ontario's finest in blue attending. Some friends said that they are thinking of going to Grand Bend to party. I suppose that this being the 50th and the only Fri 13 this year and perfect weather predicted that there will be hugh crowds and maybe some trouble. For those who are not familar with this event it is the largest attended single day motorcycle event in N.A.
kemo

Hey Kemo,
I grew up in a small town in the Niagara Region and have been to 13th parties several times, they are a blast!!!! Unfortunatley I now live in Reno, NV, a bit of a long ride!!!
Have fun!!
Buffalomege

Buffalomege If you left town right now you could make it, there will never be another 50th.
kemo

Kemo,

Battery is on the tender. Waiting for the green light and reinstall. Fingers crossed. If the battery isn't good, I'll pick up another and still be good to go.

See you in the morning.

:D

Back