free website stats program Canadian warranty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadian warranty

Interesting, I bought a 02FXD in 03 from Daytona HD it was shipped to them by mistake from Canada, they put a new speedo on and set it at 4 miles and away I rode:s

I was in the same boat..bout an 07 RG in 08 with 4000 miles. The bike had miles on the speedo as well (and still does). Warranty was transferable..and even had it in the local HD shop for work...miles are NOT an issue...I think someone is pulling a "BMW/Benz" trick...(they do the same thing so Canucks won't buy cars in the US).

Deely is just another swear word to me. I have an American model which I take to the dealer when that's the only choice I have or their deal is better then anyone else's.(not very often)

New here, but I wanted to chime in on my own experience with this.

I bought my '08 Street Bob from the US and got it a few weeks ago. I took it to my local HD dealer for some minor parts (air cleaner, nicer cover), and then I found out about this warranty suspension nonsense. For my SB, they said they *had* to switch out the MPH speedo for a KMPH one. The speedo alone costs nearly $400! But it was on backorder, so I had to wait...

It all seemed so confusing...every time I went to the dealership with more questions about this process, I was more confused. Finally, I said(EDIT ) and went to an indy HD shop. They had never ever HEARD of this new process, saftied/certified my bike for me no prob. I went to Canadian Tire to have the RIV inspection done, and they didn't say a peep either.

Finally, I went to the MTO, had my bike registered, and THEY said NOTHING.

I went back to the HD dealership and told them all this. They can't touch you if you've done the above elsewhere! I saved over $500 in parts and labour alone. I don't care for my warranty suspension. If something awful happens between now and April 2011, I'll go to the States for the work to be done.

This is just Deeley's way of recuperating lost money to the US. If your bikes were WAY cheaper here in Canada, I would have bought one! 'Nuff said!

Don't let them yank your chain! Don't go to a different HD dealership...they ALL have to follow the same rules and regulations. Go to an indy shop.

I think everyone's should email Transport Canada and tell them what a load of crap this is. This must be illegal somehow, I swear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that "patski" It just gores to show that there are some dealers that still are trying to get over on people.

Back