Canada Road Trip and Beyond

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by 1fastroadking, Apr 21, 2012.

1. 1fastroadking

1fastroadking New Member

Two of us are planning a 7000 mile road trip this June from San Francisco via Vancouver then east to somewhere above the great lakes where we will turn south to Missouri then back home so I am looking for must see places along the route. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

Banff, Jasper etc all in the same area of Alberta, Hyw 6 is a great ride out of Vernon, B.C. Okanogan Valley, enjoy your trip. don't fall asleep going across the plains. :D

3. recharge

recharge Member

Yup that pretty much sums it up what Lorne said, I live in Alberta and you may want head south from Calgary to kalispel Montana (nice riding through there) unless you like to go and see the dinosaurs.

4. ultradoc

ultradoc Active Member

If you go over as far as Sault St. Marie you can drop down and ride over the Macinaw bridge in Mich. Then work your way over to St. Louis to see the arch

5. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

The Hope Slide, Hell's Gate, Fraser Canyon etc. Almost anywhere in BC and Western Alberta. Jasper, Columbia Icefields, Lake Louise, Banff. There's soo many places on a big trip like that! I'm jealous!

6. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

north side of lake superior is a good ride!

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

North Shore run starting in Duluth thru Grand Marais into Canada Nice ride and small cafes with GOOD food:s