free website stats program Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can You Purchase a Harley Under MSRP?

Good point Doc, it's really is an inverted bell shaped curve that goes from "Honey! This was a GREAT deal" => "Baby, I really got Rolled" => "Sweetheart, it didn't turn out so Bad. See I am a Genius." :D

That's what I keep telling my old lady (see I am a Genius), but she just won't believe me. (EDIT)

BTW I bought a 2010 last day of the month just last month. I have worked in sales, and I paid $1,000 less then sticker and got them to drop price on tire & wheel, service, and extended warranty. I used to do the same for buyers when I was a sales manager. Last day of the month can make or break you on bounses.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Well again my plan is to buy new and keep it, build on that. After shopping around the internet and looking in the paper, Im seeing only a few thousand dollars difference in models a couple years old.

For example I see '08 UC's for 18 -19k with 10-15k mis. I figure why not buy a 2011 for 22, mabe even get it out the door for 19-20k. Its worth a shot. And its brand ( EDIT ) new.
Ike

Last edited by a moderator:
19 or 20K "out the door" sounds for a UC, like a huge discount. Hopefully you can find something

You will most likely be settling for color that you might not like.

You might be able to find a 09 or a 10, that somebody has to part with. The difference is, there might be $$ in mods that somebody installed, on a used one, and still have to sell for book value

Your right about that.

One guy gave me an "Out the Door" price and I said OK. Time comes to pay and he says I owe him $900 in sales tax. I said "out the Door" means sales tax is included in price.
He said NO!, I sad YES! "Out the Door" means "Out the Door" not "Out the Door plus Tax".

Who's right... (if there is a right):)

To me in this situation "out the door" means he will be watching me walk "out the door"!

19 or 20K "out the door" sounds for a UC, like a huge discount. Hopefully you can find something

You will most likely be settling for color that you might not like.

You might be able to find a 09 or a 10, that somebody has to part with. The difference is, there might be $$ in mods that somebody installed, on a used one, and still have to sell for book value

Problem with that is I really like that Merlo Sunglo and Vivid black on the 2011 models. You dont think I could roll out the door at 19K? Guess I need to download that Dealer Invoice before I make an offer. Just wondering how reliable that source is.

Sort answer is yes you can.

The long answer gets into all the variables.....

Time of year and year modle of the bike,
The dealer you're working with,
The list could go on and on.

If you can find a new current year modle bike for under MSRP let us all know where that dealership is.

Back