free website stats program Can you do a "full locked turn"? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can you do a "full locked turn"?

Can't do this - handlebars hit my knees. Guess I need to raise them.

Try rotating the bars up a bit...just enough to clear easily, then add an inch (when doing this maneuver you may be in a slightly different seating position) or off to one side or the other...:s

I'm trying to get there. I've only been riding for 2 seasons, this is my first with the flhrc. I do a lot of parking lot practice, and my figure 8s are getting a lot tighter. Still haven't scraped the boards or completed a full lock turn... it will come with time.

But, I am pleased with my progress of the control of this big bike (doesn't really feel so big anymore... it felt HUGE when I first got it :bigsmiley22:)
I will continue to tighten up those figure 8s and eventually get the board scrape and full lock.

ride safe
Drew

I do that eveyday i pull into my spot at work but in 1/2 a circle not a complete circle . I never look down when turning always in the direction i'm turning i guess it's 2nd nature for me i never gave it a thought . I will have to say i've ridden a lot of different bikes in my day from dirt to fast street bikes and v-twins .

I struggle with this. With my electraglide it seems to be at full lock in the driveway where i end up most unstable. I know everyone is saying practice practice practice but these things take some lifting up if it rolls onto the crashbars during practice.
I'll avoid it if I can but do it veeerrrry carefully if I have to.

Neil

I can turn left just fine, I seem to have a mental block on the right turn though.
Doesn't matter if i'm on the sportster or the road king.

Do it all the time making frequent lefthand U-turns on two lane roads, and with the wife behind me. Interesting I have never attempted to do it by turning right or without a passenger.

I have minimal experience riding solo. Maybe I need to practice solo more?

I can do the "full locked turn" about 75% of the time without putting a foot down,where I need help is getting that big sucker back up after I tip it.Is there a procedure for getting one up without help? I am a pretty good sized dude and I think I have the stregnth to raise it, I'm just afraid I'll bend a bar or something if I try it by myself.I asked my wife to help me and together we lifted it easily and she is weak as a cat.And I know I left myself wide open on this one so don't you dare hang me out to dry or I'll,I'll,I'll I don't know what I'll do.Any suggestions?

Back