free website stats program Can this be done on wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Can this be done on wheels

XBAJBUSX

I got 08 electra glide .and I just found out I got tubes in my tires is the anyway to convert and to go tubeless?anybody did that?

Depends on the rims, some require the tubes, the tires, do not necessarily require them. From experience the tube is cheaper in the event of a nail or something like that (just had to put a new tire on a bit early thanks to a friendly screw that wanted a ride.

An old trick was "simulated" spoke wheels or spoked wheels with epoxy/sealer poured into the drop center. Downsides...of course: Spokes could loosen and no access to nipples, weight, a layer of epoxy in there adds unsprung weight and if not applied thick and evenly could eventually leak anyway...but they sure look good and are maintenance free.

so what wheels from other bike will fit my 2008 electra glide classic ,i really want tubeless tires when i go ridding i'm gone 400 - 500 miles away from home its always easier to plug it ,help me out here ,

i was not a fan of the spoke wheels when i was buying my bike because of cleaning of them and now i found out that about the tubes in them i want diffrant rims that are tubeless ,help me out here which other harleys have tubeless wheels that i can buy them and mount on mine

Not to be a smart-alec, but it seems that a simple answer to your question would be to call the dealership and ask them.

Back