free website stats program Can tfi settings be used for cobras unit? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can tfi settings be used for cobras unit?

CMJTP

I have a 2007 flstc with screamin eagle a/c, cobra speedster longs & cobras fi unit. On my unit the green pot is supposed to be non adjustable but mine is which I don't understand. My 02 sensors are connected to the unit as instructions advised.There suggested setting for my bike is 1.5 on the green pot but I was getting alot of decel popping.I raised it and was able to get the decel pop out.My question is if I can use tfi settings for my cobra unit? It seems like the tfi instructions have been more helpful than cobras.I just dont understand the holding the throttle at 2000 rpm while trying to turn the green pot at the same time? seems hard to do and what if you dont have a tach?

Both units are similar but I don't think it's a good idea to use the TFI settings on the cobra unit.

Here's the recommended settings in this file for your cobra unit.

Items Supplied > Application(s) > Instruction Manual >\

As far as the idle setup at 2000 rpm, try locking the throttle stop to hold it at a high idle, without a tach , it's a bit of estimating but as long as you are in the 1800-2000 area, you will be able to set the low speed fueling.

Thank you glider.The only thing the settings you sent me are for the touring models for 2006. I have a 2007 softail. The settings are different than what cobra sent for my bike but I will try them.The ones cobra suggest seemed to lean to me.

Hey but the part about holding it at 2000 rpm works great! I've ben struggleing with that lowest setting on mine for awhile until I read that and now all is good. I think my lowest setting is upwards of three and the other two are around 4.5. Hope this helps.:)

Thank you glider.The only thing the settings you sent me are for the touring models for 2006. I have a 2007 softail. The settings are different than what cobra sent for my bike but I will try them.The ones cobra suggest seemed to lean to me.

Sorry about that, here's the instructions for your bike.

692-1606

Back