free website stats program Can I vent some anger? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I vent some anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago, I encountered, at a car show, what could've been a relative of this guy! The guy that I met continually browbeat me about some of the mods I had done on my '57 Chevy. I finally quietly pulled the registration out of my wallet and asked him if the name on it was his? When he answered that it wasn't, I told him then his opinion really didn't matter one little bit! His friends just about fell on the ground guffawing about it, and he meekly mumbled something about "touchy people".

Fact is, there is only one person that your bike needs to please... YOU! Ride on and be proud! Proud of your bike and proud that you didn't lower yourself to his level.

Recently went to Pensacola FL to assist my sister with some house projects and decided to take my 07 Sportster with me for the occasional ride. I was invited to ride with some of the locals down there which I was really grateful for. Except for one little short and chucky dude who kept saying " you sure look funny on that little bike!"

Now I’m not wealthy, and the Sportster is the least expensive Harley out there that meets expectations of mine. I'm 6'6", but think I fit very nicely on the Sportster. Plus I really like her. She was inexpensive, and I really like the look of the Sportster.

I wanted to tell him,give me $15000 and I'll buy the bike YOU think I should have.

I said nothing though and just thought to myself, “how rude”.

I don’t criticize anyone because of the bike they ride and don’t want to ride with anyone who does.

Enough said,
I feel better….

there is one in every crowd. i for one do not own a sportster but would love to have one down here on the Island. i just don't want to bring the roadking down here and i think the sportster is the perfect bike for a little island like this (Margarita). i will continue looking for one. i do have freinds that that say why do you want a skirtster, my comment is just wait until i have it here then you will know.
Enjoy your ride, and just smile and those who don't have enough sense to realize what you have.

If you ride a bike, you are a biker. If you dog someone elses bike because it is not a "whatever" then you are just someone who wants to show what a fool you are.
Real bikers ride cause they like to, posers belittle other folks because they are insecure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some evidently interpreted my meaning incorrectly.

I was agreeing with the general opinion in this thread that someone that belittles a dude because he rides a sportster is likely just some (EDIT) that don't know (EDIT) about bikes.

But then again I rode a sportster for awhile and took my share of snide remarks about riding a girl's bike. Never really bothered me since I figured it was all in fun or they were just (EDIT).

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back