free website stats program Can I vent some anger? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I vent some anger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with most of the other posters....don't let this bother you. I haven't done any research, but I'm guessing the horsepower to weight ratio of a Sportster is a lot better than an unmodified FL. If you like the bike, that's all that counts. I sold a Vulcan 750 to get my Ultra. The 750 has about the same specs as an 883, give or take. Truth be told, I really liked that bike. It was just the right size, but for me, just too light. I needed a heavier bike. Went with the Ultra , mainly because the wheelbase is about the same as the 750. Enjoy your bike!

Take pride in your ride and disregard that fool! Sports are cool and can haul. Someone mentioned the guy having an inferiority complex:D, I think they were spot on. Ride safe!

Boy, if you are 6'6 & you describe him as short & chunky, I think that must have been his lucky day. :s I think you summed it up, YOU like your ride. I feel that is the important part. I don't see how spending more money on a bike that someone else thinks you should have will benefit you.

When I was looking for a bike, everyone I knew told me that I should not get a sportster. None of those riders had a sportster, a few of them had one, but opted for a bigger ride. Since I have got my first bike, I have really found myself really looking at some of the sporty's out there. In addition, I have also talked in depth with a lot of people who are like you & love their sporty' s. I wouldn't mind having one for myself. I cannot respect anyone who would judge someone by their ride. I have been on some great rides with folks who were on bikes other than a Harley. IMO, the fact that you held your tongue & that guy wasn't fed to the gators says a lot about you and your character. Keep your bike & enjoy it. :s

I had a similar incident about 7 years ago. Me and a few guys from work took off on a three day trip and one of the guys brought along a "wise guy" in-law who had just purchased a big twin...his FIRST bike. I was the only Sporty rider in the group of 8. He took it upon himself, at every opportunity, to ridicule me because I was riding a "girl bike". So, after I had had enough, I found myself sitting to his right at a red light headed out of a small town. With nothing but straight, lonely highway in front of us, he looks over at me with this cocky grin and revs the engine. Now, I am 5'10" and 160 lbs. and on a 2005 1200XL custom with a SE Stage II kit installed. I had already passed him before we got through the intersection and smiled as I watched him get taken down to size in my rear view mirror....literaly and figuratively! He spent the rest of the ride making excuses as to how he and his big twin got SMOKED by a "girl bike"! I am not condoning wreckless riding or highway racing....but, there is nothing like putting an arrogant bully in there place. How about that.....now I feel better, too! Ride safe and enjoy that Sporty!

Well I say ride what fits YOUR needs the best...and not rely on other opinions because in the final analysis it is you who deals with the consequences of your choice. :newsmile058:

Frankly I am perfectly happy with my Sporty...it just pushes all the right buttons. Yes, there are other Harleys that "could" be made to fit my needs, but again, why bother when you have a good thing. If you answer with maybe a second bike...I would say when you are ready the next bike will talk to you when you "least" expect it...! :D

I'd say his internal filter wasn't working so good. It was an awkward attempt at conversation on his part.

How many times have you seen someone whose proportions in comparison to their ride may have struck you as amusing but you kept that idea to yourself? See it quite often with scooter riders or small cars. You kinda think to yourself: how could that person possibly feel comfortable on/in that. But it's their ride and if they're happy it's no business of mine.

Could've just as easily said, "yah, I may look a little funny on it to you, but it suits me just fine and have a blast riding it".

I find in every crowd there is usually one guy that thinks he knows it all and will make comments on how everyone else is riding a bike that is not perfect.....IE.....like his. I run into it now and then on my superglide custom. Went on a ride with a mixed crowd last summer and one guy just kept going on and on about how I needed to put forwards controls on mine because I looked stupid with long legs on my mid controls. I happen to like the feeling of having my legs under me a little.....to the point that I put highway pegs on mine but almost never use them......it just feels funny to me having my feet in front of me. I just ignored him after awhile......my advice is ride your ride! Let the talking heads just squak!

just proves it is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Besides, I'm not sure if its still true but the sportsters used to have the highest horsepower to weight ratio than any other model Harley made, and that is after all one of the most true measures of performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back