free website stats program can I put a fxdc gas tank on my fxd ? | Harley Davidson Forums

can I put a fxdc gas tank on my fxd ?

Frankpic

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and have a question. I was wondering if it is possible to put a gas tank from a superglide custom or wideglide on my superglide, and if so, what is involved. Thanks a lot.

yes it can be done,if you wanna spend the money new tank,console componates,get tank painted.I was going to do it but would cost round 1000-1500.unless you can find used items

For your search, the 04 -08 FI Wide Glides use the same tank as the 07-10 Super Glide Customs. They will bolt up to your FXD fine. You will need new console, speedo and brackets, and hardware. You will also need a new bar clamp. The swap is fairly straightforward. You will probably have some wiring extensions needed in the project. I have access to some pretty good info on swapping the tank guts. When the time comes, let me know if you want it. A service and parts manual would be a great asset while doing this.

I recently replaced the tank on my 05 FXD with an 04 FXDL tank. It wasn't that difficult if you have a manual. I replaced the risers and top clamp to the 06 style for my idiot lights. Next will be the headlight.

i need to remove my tank on my 07 dyna super glide, would you happen to have the directions to do so, thanks/[removed]

do NOT post email address, use forum PM or email system instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering what tanks will interchange with my 010 FXDC. I'd like to find a direct swap so that I can have it painted without pulling my existing tank.

Back