free website stats program Can I fit a sissy bar on a Road King Police? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I fit a sissy bar on a Road King Police?

jezbo

I have just purchased a Road King Police and the 'Long Haired Colonel' would feel better 2 up with a sissy bar. I have taken a look at the fittings and they appear to be different from a standard Road King. Has anyone got any ideas?

Im sure companys make bars for a road king just call them up with part #s and ask will it fit the P model! It will depend on what seat you put on and I think they came with a rear rack of sorts ...

standard harley frame and hardware. i installed a different seat, tour pak, and all kinds of junk on an 01 rk police. no problems. had detach hardware and took it of for solid mounting. good luck.

I have just purchased a Road King Police and the 'Long Haired Colonel' would feel better 2 up with a sissy bar. I have taken a look at the fittings and they appear to be different from a standard Road King. Has anyone got any ideas?

You can keep the Police Seat. Mustang makes a detachable passenger seat. Made out of the same material as the police seat. You can mount a standard detachable passenger back rest(you will need docking kit). Even with the radio plate installed.

Here is a old picture of my bike with the setup.

I struggled with the radio plate. I even had a crome plate made as a replacement. I had a few made with the thoughts of selling them. Sold a couple. But then I found out how easy it is to mount the airtank under one of the side covers. Then you can really clean up the back fender.

Great Choice for a Bike.

Attachments

• 111111FLHPseat.JPG
    111111FLHPseat.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 79

All standard hd parts fit your rdking police / for the proper year. fix it up the way you like it, make it yours! I took all winter (07) to de-police my 06 rd king , changed switch housings, pulled the tac, added a quick release sissybar and a quick release tour-pack and chromed everything. good luck.

b5, you have to cut the mounting bkt. down, that will be obvious. theres 2 holes on the battery box, left side, one will match bkt., drill another to match, or go with one. remove all the plumbing to make the fit, then remove tank, reinstall plumbing, reinstall tank. i moved gage to other end of tank (have to drill hole and weld in 1/8 pipe coupling) maybe don't have to, but it makes a easier fit. have to make sure and be able to get cover off fuse box. questions, i can help.................bw

I mounted a detachable backrest for the passenger so I can switch between the backrest and tour pac. As far as the air tank I moved it into the left bag of the bike. It works great there and is not much of a hassel when taking the bag off.

you can also mount the tank on the right side next to the top of the bag on the frame its hidden well ,and u dont have to mess with it to remove the bags.have pics that were sent to me can foward them if needed a good site to visit is retiredpolicebikes.com its only them good knowledge on them there especially when it comes to installing all ur extras radios, cruise as u can see lots lots of extra wires save them u might need them

Back