free website stats program Can I Do Better? | Harley Davidson Forums

Can I Do Better?

walleye

Contributor
I know the oil debate goes on and on. I curently have what I think is the best combination, but it has been a bit and wondering if I can do better or am I spot on? In 09 Ultra.

Mobil One V Twin in crank
Spectro for 6 speed in tranny
HD + in Primary

Seems to be running strong and cool. Any new options you think is better at my next service? If so, why?:s

That's the combo I am running now Walleye and I am happy with it,however I am so happy with the spectro platinum that I think next oil change I am going to try their primary lube and motor oil.

Thats what I am running, no problems, magnets look good at oil changes, and the filter looks very good when I cut it open and inspect it at the changes....if it works don't mess with it.......

The magnets on the drain plugs are a very good indicator of the type of job that your oil choice is doing. If you look at any drain magnet running the Syn3, you'll usually see a quite a bit of buildup on the magnet. That's gear material that is wearing unnecessarily. The better gear oils once the first change is done to eliminate any residual filings usually comes out almost void of any filings which means wear is reduced with a quality lube and it's dong it's job properly.

I can't tell you how many times I pull a drain plug and just based on the filings on the plug ask the owner what was used doing the last oil change and the answer is usually syn3 in all holes done by the dealer.

One oil doesn't fit all and do it properly.

Back