free website stats program Can a 60 Year Old Newbie Handle a Bagger? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Can a 60 Year Old Newbie Handle a Bagger?

You got a picture of the old stick? I mean, hell, if he weights 98 lbs buck naked and he has a 28" inseam, then I am going to say he has a long row to hoe. Now, if he would butcher out at 220 lbs or so and has long legs, I would say prop him up and let him go. Just depends on the guy, you know?

You got a picture of the old stick? I mean, heck, if he weights 98 lbs buck naked and he has a 28" inseam, then I am going to say he has a long row to hoe. Now, if he would butcher out at 220 lbs or so and has long legs, I would say prop him up and let him go. Just depends on the guy, you know?

I'm sure others have already responded with this but here goes.
Do not do anything until he takes a riders training class. Then (after he gets his license) rent a bike to see how well he does. After that he can make a logical choice.:newsmile026:

Got a friend who's about 60. Hasn't been on a bike for over 30 years. He wants to buy an Ultra-Classic and ride two-up with his wife to see our national parks, etc. He's asked for my advice. Is he asking for an early closed-coffin trip to the bone yard or should he go for it? What do you guys think? thanks - Joe

The passenger also needs to be educated in what NOT to do when riding.

:s I agree, even with the back problems I have I had NO problems handling a 95 Ultra in Sturgis last year, The key will be Practice with and with out a passenger and a refresher course by the Motorcycle Safety folks might be a BIG plus IMO

i find it harder to handle a 115 lb 5 ft 2" woman than a full dresser loaded down with travelin gear.......
think bout it--that's a pretty profound statement.

Back