free website stats program Camshaft upgrade for a SE 110 Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Camshaft upgrade for a SE 110 Ultra

ffmedic32

Looking to wake up my friends 2008 SE Ultra with the 110. It comes from the MOCO with the Se 255 cams. Anybody have any experience or knowledge with a cam upgrade on one of these bikes. He is planning a race tuner, but was considering doing cams before the dyno tune...

Thanks

Looking to wake up my friends 2008 SE Ultra with the 110. It comes from the MOCO with the Se 255 cams. Anybody have any experience or knowledge with a cam upgrade on one of these bikes. He is planning a race tuner, but was considering doing cams before the dyno tune...

Thanks

SE 257 would be the logical pick for an otherwise stock engine.

Do you think the 257 will create enough power over the 255 to justify the change????????

with stock heads and compression your not going to do much but change the power band with a cam swap. HP cost $$$ .
A good set of pipes and a proper tune will do more for him than cams with the stock pipes and heads.
if he wants to make HP he needs the heads worked (ported, better springs, roller rockers, high flow valve job) more compression, larger throttle body and high flow injectors, along with a full performance exhaust system. but that leads to needing high strength studs, a trued and welded crank, oil pump, gear drive cams and on and on.

I totally understand ya there,,hp does hurt the wallet,,but it feels so good..LOL

I guess I need to start over a bit,,the bike already has a high flow and a Kerker 2 into 1 exhaust,,and a SERT is coming soon......I just wasnt sure if the stock SE 110 heads already flow good enough to be complemented by a better cam or are they really not that much different........Sorry, but I just dont have much experience with the SE bikes.

He is just looking to optimize the overall power of the 110........We were just wondering if there were a set of cams that were better matched with the SE110,,than the 255's..............It is a stump puller,,it pulls the front tire a few inches now with just a slam of the throttle at 5 mph....But from 10mph up to 110 mph run he cant get away from my 88" Street Glide and mine is stock outside of high flow, stage 1 ECM, and a good exhaust....oh and I still have an extra $ 15,000 in my pocket compared to what that SE cost,,,,LOL

He is just looking to optimize the overall power of the 110........We were just wondering if there were a set of cams that were better matched with the SE110,,than the 255's..............It is a stump puller,,it pulls the front tire a few inches now with just a slam of the throttle at 5 mph....But from 10mph up to 110 mph run he cant get away from my 88" Street Glide and mine is stock outside of high flow, stage 1 ECM, and a good exhaust....oh and I still have an extra $ 15,000 in my pocket compared to what that SE cost,,,,LOL

Don't underestimate the 88 against the 110. The 110 is a big slug compared to the size of the engine as rated by HD and in real life too and any good running 88 will usually give them a good run for the money, sad but true.

Back