free website stats program camshaft advice | Harley Davidson Forums

camshaft advice

bobbyrotten

Anyone know what is a good all-around cam for a stock 1984 FLHTC? Mostly highway riding and she is a heavy girl. Don't want to do springs or heads...thanks

I would recommend the Andrews EV-23. It will give you a bit more torque which is what you'll want for a heavier bike. And welcome to the forum and :rider safe !!
WAP.gif

The EV13 is recommended for for heavy touring bikes, 2up, etc. A lot of my friends used them. I prefer the EV27 like Al recommends. Andrews has a good product at a good price.

Being it's an '84 it should be a Shovel Head motor.Is that correct? If it is a Shovel than an EV-23 will NOT work, it is for an EVO. What I used in my Shovels was an Andrews 'B' grind. I believe it has a .480 lift , but no head work involved. I usually had the heads reworked anyway for a .550 lift just in case I wanted to go Bigger cam later,but never did. The straight 'B' grind does require solid lifters though. They make a 'BH' for hydraulics if you want to keep those. They didn't seem to run as good as the 'B' did.
tourbox

I assumed (and we know what that does) since he said it's a FLHTC it's an Evo.
I've tried to keep the Shovel/Evo's straight by remembering "C" classic is Evo and other FL's were shovel. Either way, he has some good cam recommendations.

I assumed (and we know what that does) since he said it's a FLHTC it's an Evo.
I've tried to keep the Shovel/Evo's straight by remembering "C" classic is Evo and other FL's were shovel. Either way, he has some good cam recommendations.
Good point Breeze3at. I just looked at Granite HD oem parts and you are correct.
The FLHTC was showing EVO rocker boxes but the rest,FLH,FLHT,etc were showing Shovel rocker boxes. Thanks for the update.
tourbox

Back