free website stats program Cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams

Here is a little info that might help in making your cam choice. Cam Change: Typical effect
More Lobe Separation: Wider powerband, more peak power,
smoother idle
Less Lobe Separation: Increased mid-range torque, faster
acceleration, narrower powerband
More Duration: Powerband moved higher in rpm range
Less Duration: More low-end torque
More Overlap: Improved signal to carburetor, lower fuel
efficiency, potential for reversion
Less Overlap: Improved low-rpm responsiveness, better
fuel efficiency, engine may run hotter

"As far as my cam choice I went with S&S 551 easy start cams."

I think this is an excellent choice in cams, especially for a heavier bike. I've been researching headwork/cams for months now and the 551 has probably the best torque curve I've seen yet. I'm not sure who'll do my porting but this is the cam I'm going with as well.

Sounds like you got it going well! Don't forget the "under the Graph" torque curve or spread of the torque curve can be changed with the type of pipes you select.

What are you running for pipes.

I am running the Samson true dual cholo's. Basically straight pipes and very loud. I know I lose a little HP and torque out of them, but I love the sound!!! I'll give up a little for the sound.

I am running the Samson true dual cholo's. Basically straight pipes and very loud. I know I lose a little HP and torque out of them, but I love the sound!!! I'll give up a little for the sound.

Aren't you the guy from a couple days back that said you pull the front wheel off the ground. I think you can spare it...:D

Back