free website stats program Cams | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams

I got my bike back with the new cams. I am impressed. For sure not a race build, but I can feel a definite increase in the way it pulls. I slowed down to 50mph to make a turn and left it in 6th gear just to try it. It did not lug a bit. I just rolled the throttle and away we went. I love my bike.

the same cam is used i belive... the 96 ci motor is just a stroked 88 ci....the top end internal are the same

the best all around cam i 've ever used is the 211, works good in stock and slightly modified engines. good power and low end, and doesnt kick in to late

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently having 211 cams put in my TC88 while they update the cam chain tensioners to the hydraulic tensioners. I was told the 211 is what I wanted and that the 203 and 204 are too close to the stock cams to make a big difference.

I am using the SE 255 cams in my 07 Ultra and for me(style of riding I do) is a very good cam. The Andrews Cam #26-H may be somewhat better, not real sure. I wanted my tq. curve at take 2,000 rpm or so and the Se 255 does that. The Andrews Cam #26-H come on later than that. I live on a mountain and ride 2 up 90% of the time; I also do not ride fast or race. The SE 211 is a better cam for middle to upper rpm range, The Se 211 comes on around 3,000 rpm (thats when you can feel the power building up) Personally I do not suggest the SE 255's for the 88/80 ci engines.

This is my first post here but have had a few Harley's and other bikes.

I've read alot on the 255's and if I understand correctly they are the same cams that come in the CVO bikes. With that said, anyone have a set of lightly used 255's they would like to sell?

Johncr, Is your bike still in stock config? (88c.i.) If so you may want to reconsider the choice of the 255's as they are better suited for the CVO's (103c.i. & 110 c.i.) Installing them in your motor may actually hurt your performance.

Back