free website stats program Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams

oldgeezer

The local HD shop has a special on their cam upgrade for this month. They recommend 255. How will this effect my current take off and passing without shifting? If this not a good one which one do you recommend?

The 255 will come on to the power band a bit higher up than some others like the 203 or the 204 which would be a bit higher on the power band than the 203 which for more bottom end power. It depends on the type of riding you do and how you ride.

I do not race the bike at all. If i understand your answer the 203 or 204 will make it pull a hill better at lower rpms? If so that is probably what I want.

I do not race the bike at all. If i understand your answer the 203 or 204 will make it pull a hill better at lower rpms? If so that is probably what I want.

Generally speaking with the SE cams, the higher the number of the cam, the further up the RPM scale the cam comes in. The 203 is a good bottom end cam where as the 255 would be a better mid to upper range cam.

255 is going to come in after you are rolling pretty good now it will do a good job of what it is designed to do but for more bottom end grunt I would go 203

I run the 255 cam and it will run good from take off to at least 4800 rpms (which I never run at anyway). It has plenty of passing power my build has 105ft/lbs of tq. and going from 70 to 95 on the black top she does it effortlessly.

The 255 is a hard hitting low end cam for the normal dealer 103 build. Good increase in TQ down Low - pulls good to the mid 4000's and then goes flat - its a real good bagger - 2 up touring cam. I believe it is a .550 lift with a mid 20's intake close

UD

They allowed me to test ride a street glide with the 255. I was impressed and told them to go ahead and do it. They still got my bike. It was raining yesterday when they finished and now its cold. Maybe monday i'll go pick it up.

Just finished buttoning up my engine with the 95 SE upgrade and went with SE203 (cause it came with it HAHAHA). Have engine back in bike. If i have any luck I might fire it up next week. Sure don't look like old bike now.

Back