free website stats program Cams - They're Coming | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams - They're Coming

They're in. I didn't do pictures. As I thought I would I just got into it and wanted to get done. Especially when the hardest part of the whole job was getting the cam cover off. That puppy was stuck on there! At almost 15,000 miles the tensioners looked really good. I would say 20% worn at the most. Even at that one piece about 1/2 inch long and about the diameter of a pencil lead had broken off and was laying in the bottom of the cam chest. Crank runout was a bit over .002. Eyeballing the graduations I would say .00225 to .0024. Got everything together and she fired right up. Exhaust sounds a little different/ better, especially when opening it up a little. Didn't get it out yet. It was raining. Got a new map from FuelMoto to download until I can get her to the dyno. I'll do that tonight. Only thing I noticed other than the exhaust note is that the oil pressure light goes off almost immediately now when she fires off. I was watching it closely the first time to make sure it went off at all. Can't wait to get it out to see how much difference there is.

That NEW sound you hear is the cams different timing and lift..
That should e a great cam for your ride and style..

Let us know HOW it runs for You!

signed....BUBBIE

A lot of times just apart and back together aligns the oil pump and better pumping happens,,,, my case Also when i re-aligned it.. 5 lbs more pressure on my 09 FLHR

Back