free website stats program Cams - They're Coming | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams - They're Coming

On the NUMBERS,

Nice to have #'s out so the next mechanic/owner can Read them.. No doubt about the part in use. :D

signed....BUBBIE

You going to sell the bearing tools when U finished with them? I am getting ready to do this to my 88b 2004 softail. Was going to use tool from Auto Zone...heard it works good but sure don't want any needles falling into crankcase !!!!!!!
Pete

Yep. Bought the whole bearing remover/installer from George's. I can't see what difference it could make which way the lettering on bearings is facing. I've seen directional bearings but basic needle bearings aren't. I've also seen somewhere that the markings on the shims are supposed to face out. Don't see what difference that could make either. I'll do it, but I don't think it matters. Technical writers have to keep their jobs somehow is what I guess.

Maybe like a snap ring it may have a slight chamfer?OR easier to identify during inspection?

You going to sell the bearing tools when U finished with them? I am getting ready to do this to my 88b 2004 softail. Was going to use tool from Auto Zone...heard it works good but sure don't want any needles falling into crankcase !!!!!!!
Pete

Haven't decided. I probably won't use them again. But as sure as I sell them I would need them.

BTW. Everythings here. I've got the cams, inner chain and inner tensioner together and will probably do the rest tomorrow. It's good to be off for federal holidays.:)

Back