free website stats program Cams and Pumps | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cams and Pumps

More on the SE255 please

By bolt in, that means I don't need anything else? Just buy the cams and a gasket kit and go for it?

I imagine it would be wise to upgrade the tensioners too?

Anything else?

Bolt in means they are direct replacements and you do not need stiffer springs or different pistons due to lift.

You have the hydraulic tensioners, but if you are in there, you should replace the shoes if that is possible, or the tensioners if that is the way it is done.

Replace the inner roller bearings with the Torringtons. Adjustable pushrods, and new "B" lifters. Bout it.

TQ

Bolt in means they are direct replacements and you do not need stiffer springs or different pistons due to lift.

You have the hydraulic tensioners, but if you are in there, you should replace the shoes if that is possible, or the tensioners if that is the way it is done.

Replace the inner roller bearings with the Torringtons. Adjustable pushrods, and new "B" lifters. Bout it.

TQ

He will need to do something to address the fuel management changes that will be necessary after the cam change.

hey thanks! I think I got it now. just need a bolt cutter and about $600

JUST because I value shinny UN nicked Chrome.....

When cutting out the push-rods, Make Sure "that"(each, one at a time) valve is in Full Closed position( no pressure) and a Soft Rag is used as a SHIELD around the out-side of the cutters.... They will Snap-Pop and bounce when tube is cut,,,, You may also have to wiggle a bit like a dentist to seperate the tube apart.. so the cloth is a MUST.. I KNOW!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Awesome tips guys! Its a while off yet but I'm a planner...

Someone mentioned fuel system, I'll be going to a Thundermax when I do this.

Back