Camping

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by HDFatboylo, May 28, 2011.

1. HDFatboylo

HDFatboylo Member

I'm going to take a 3 day trip, I'm going to camp for the first time off the bike.
    I'm solo so I think a one person tent should be ok as long as it has a llittle extra room for stuff, also a lite weight small package sleeping bag.
    Any suggestions?

2. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I always like to travel light,I have used a 1 man tent in Sturgis, with a cheap air mattress, my jacket folded worked for a pillow:s

4. PA_HD_GUY

PA_HD_GUY Member

Only one suggestion... Don't forget the toilet paper.

5. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

You should get a prize for that suggestion :small3d028:

6. docster

docster Member

If you don't have an air mattress, you'll wish you did.

7. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

...and bug spray.
    wilks3 :D
    :USA

8. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I have found when camping with a motorcycle that i need a 2 man tent if on my own as once i take all my gear off and unpack the bike the stuff takes a lot of room
    i am getting to old to sleep on hard ground so i do use an air bed i tried lightweight sleeping bags but had to go back to thicker stuff as it can get cold around here at night
    After your trip you will know what you should have had with you and then you will be better prepared next time

Brian

9. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

10. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I have to agree with Bodeen here. As long as you can find something to tie it off to, this is the most comfortable ways to camp. If you go this route I find it works best if you spray the line attached to the tree with bug repellent.