free website stats program camping around the Black Hills | Harley Davidson Forums

camping around the Black Hills

so cal hoss

My wife and I will be taking a vacation in the Black Hills around the 7th of September. We'd like to find a nice quiet campground for our motorhome possibly in the pines. Any suggestions as far as camping around the area would greatly be appreciated.

Crooked Creek Campground & Resort in hill city nice place

You beat me to the PUNCH!

I have stayed there many time during the rally race of sturgis but often thought to spend time there out of the august "mad rush"..

One year we stayed 2 weeks after the rally and it was Very Nice there...

It is nestled in the pine trees or at least most of the spots are.. Should be no problem that time, After the Rush...

Hill City is a good spot to get on the bike and ride to the ALL other areas... Nice rides we never tired comn'g and going..

We usually put on 1200 miles Just riding while there, around the black hills..

Look at the map and you will see it is Just plain good riding any direction you go.... Hill City, Just above Custer and real close to Mt. Rushmore and a neat back road over to Keystone, following the train route over...

Have Fun!

signed....BUBBIE

Spearfish has several campgrouns, The city park, Mt. View, and Chris all have R V hook ups

Rafter J RV camp ground. That is the nicest campground we've ever been to. The camp sites are spaced, not door to door like at a KOA or other places. They have a variety of sites with full or water/power only hook ups, a pool for the kids, rental cars on site, horse back riding, and Class A rv parking only area.
It is just a couple of minutes from Mt. Rushmore.

That is a terrific place to stay. Check out their website.
Al

Back