camping around the Black Hills

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by so cal hoss, Jul 18, 2010.

1. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

My wife and I will be taking a vacation in the Black Hills around the 7th of September. We'd like to find a nice quiet campground for our motorhome possibly in the pines. Any suggestions as far as camping around the area would greatly be appreciated.

2. gunnman

gunnman New Member

Crooked Creek Campground & Resort in hill city nice place

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

You beat me to the PUNCH!

I have stayed there many time during the rally race of sturgis but often thought to spend time there out of the august "mad rush"..

One year we stayed 2 weeks after the rally and it was Very Nice there...

It is nestled in the pine trees or at least most of the spots are.. Should be no problem that time, After the Rush...

Hill City is a good spot to get on the bike and ride to the ALL other areas... Nice rides we never tired comn'g and going..

We usually put on 1200 miles Just riding while there, around the black hills..

Look at the map and you will see it is Just plain good riding any direction you go.... Hill City, Just above Custer and real close to Mt. Rushmore and a neat back road over to Keystone, following the train route over...

Have Fun!

signed....BUBBIE

4. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

Thanks Bubbie & Gunnman! I pulled up their website and it looks great!

5. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Spearfish has several campgrouns, The city park, Mt. View, and Chris all have R V hook ups

7. Nails

Nails Member

Rafter J RV camp ground. That is the nicest campground we've ever been to. The camp sites are spaced, not door to door like at a KOA or other places. They have a variety of sites with full or water/power only hook ups, a pool for the kids, rental cars on site, horse back riding, and Class A rv parking only area.
    It is just a couple of minutes from Mt. Rushmore.

That is a terrific place to stay. Check out their website.
    Al