free website stats program Camper for snowblower? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Camper for snowblower?

What a nice day.....Worked, finished bathroom floor, built drawer under bed and went for a ride on the bike:)...Best part of the day was when my wife came in the camper sat down in kitchen and tells me how much she looks forward to going with me...:)...I love my wife.....The way I figure if a guy has a good woman thats been there for 26 years whats better than that...Life is good..:D

Sounds like a great day mat!
WAP.gif

Hi ....Thats going to be great....:)..As far as towing I would do some reading on that and check the lights and do some test rides ....You will do fine..Can you tell us about your trailer and what your towing it with? Also If there is Any work thats needed ?.Have you had everything working and is this your first camper? Myself this is my first and now that I have fixed most of everything on it :)I think they are not that bad to work on and the pex plumbing is easy with the tools needed..If there is any thing I can help you with let me no...I have been on a RV forum hopeing that this will help me not look to foolish when I pull into the campsite for the first time..I like to pretend that I no what Im doing...
Sorry I was slow getting back to you on this Mat, I completely missed your previous. quote to me. Coincicentally, I took the trailer out today with my wife. I have to tell you that it took some careful maneuvering just to get it out from behind the house and between the house & the shed. I had my wife and son out there guiding me and after many tries, we finally got it out. Then we took it for a ride on this Sunday afternoon to a deserted parking lot where I did some practice backing and turning. Suffice it to say my confidence isn't there. :( We did try to put it back under to pole barn behind the house where it was when we took it out but abandoned that idea after I took out a shingle from the corner of the shed.
It should be very, very interesting towing this baby 190 miles to New Hampshire next weekend. Things used to be a lot simpler when we would just drive to where we wanted to go and then just get a motel room!! :)

Sorry I was slow getting back to you on this Mat, I completely missed your previous. quote to me. Coincicentally, I took the trailer out today with my wife. I have to tell you that it took some careful maneuvering just to get it out from behind the house and between the house & the shed. I had my wife and son out there guiding me and after many tries, we finally got it out. Then we took it for a ride on this Sunday afternoon to a deserted parking lot where I did some practice backing and turning. Suffice it to say my confidence isn't there. :( We did try to put it back under to pole barn behind the house where it was when we took it out but abandoned that idea after I took out a shingle from the corner of the shed.
It should be very, very interesting towing this baby 190 miles to New Hampshire next weekend. Things used to be a lot simpler when we would just drive to where we wanted to go and then just get a motel room!! :)

Don't worry it gets easier with time.
I haul everything from 8ft. trailers to 53ft. and to be honest the larger the trailer is the easier it is to back up.
Go back out to that parking lot and try again.
Remember the rear of the trailer will go in the opposite direction of your steering.
Try backing up slowly steering to the left,then right and remember to only turn the steering wheel slowly.the rear of the trailer will turn about 1ft. for every hand width you turn the steering wheel.Most newbies get into problems by simply over steering:s

QUOTE MAT>...No problem ...STEVE nailed it...Have a good time and I hope you will let us no how everything is going....Mabe this can be the camping post...:).All good with me...Mabe I can learn from you because I have never been camping....I can back the traler in , I just wont no what to do after..:p....Well back to work...:)

Things might be a wee bit different this side of the water and our campers tend to be a bit smaller mine has a body length of 4.5 meters
It is always handy to have a spirit level handy so that you can get it level nothing worse than rolling off the bed in the middle of the night
i carry some blocks of wood about 12" x 12" x 1" that i put under the feet of the camper when on soft ground
as soon as it is stable and ready the gas is turned on and the kettle is on the boil for a brew
Usually when the work is going on wife steals the car and goes shopping leaving me to get it all sorted out
as the next step is to thread the awning in to the awning rail so that we can have the extra space and get the poles and pegs in place under the canvas

Brian

Things might be a wee bit different this side of the water and our campers tend to be a bit smaller mine has a body length of 4.5 meters
It is always handy to have a spirit level handy so that you can get it level nothing worse than rolling off the bed in the middle of the night
i carry some blocks of wood about 12" x 12" x 1" that i put under the feet of the camper when on soft ground
as soon as it is stable and ready the gas is turned on and the kettle is on the boil for a brew
Usually when the work is going on wife steals the car and goes shopping leaving me to get it all sorted out
as the next step is to thread the awning in to the awning rail so that we can have the extra space and get the poles and pegs in place under the canvas

Brian

QUOTE //MAT....Good tips Brian...I think Im going to make a list of things needed ..This may sound funny but in the next week or so we may take a dry run and spend a evening and night in the camper wright here on my land...I bet after that my list will be longer.:)..

Good idea Mat. Some places that sell campers and RVs' have a site for new owners to stay and get used to their units. Have fun, Don

QUOTE MAT>...No problem ...STEVE nailed it...Have a good time and I hope you will let us no how everything is going....Mabe this can be the camping post...:).All good with me...Mabe I can learn from you because I have never been camping....I can back the traler in , I just wont no what to do after..:p....Well back to work...:)
Well I think Brian has got it covered. He sounds like he and the Mrs. have got it down. :)
I will let you know how it goes in the White Mtns. when we get back.
Yeah, you're right, maybe we can turn this into a camping post! Heh, heh. No, just kidding. But seriously, there is a camping forum that i have recently been going to and I must say it is a really great site. It's called: IRV2.com Check it out.

QUOTE //MAT....Good tips Brian...I think Im going to make a list of things needed ..This may sound funny but in the next week or so we may take a dry run and spend a evening and night in the camper wright here on my land...I bet after that my list will be longer.:)..

Colman roadtrip BBQ.... folds up and stores easy... uses the small green bottles of propane....bring mine to work all the time....works better that most..

Colman roadtrip BBQ.... folds up and stores easy... uses the small green bottles of propane....bring mine to work all the time....works better that most..

Quote'''MAT....Thanks Lorne.....I wish we had a camping world store up here..:) We will be looking for some kind of barbecue grill ..Ill give the roadtrip a lookskie ...thanks..:)

Back