free website stats program Cameras | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cameras

Fuji Fine Pix for when I go fishing. It fits in my pocket easily and it's waterproof. Like Joyflyin I too have the Canon 7D. Great camera. Cost a fortune! I really need to fully understand all of it's great features. Most of the time I use my IPhone. It is so darn convenient and takes great pictures and shoots video in high def! Whenever we go for our rides I always shoot the group with the IPhone.

I have used a Nikon F-4 for years, but with everything going digital it just seems a dinosaur now. It's harder to find film, and developing is as expensive as ever. I need to get into the 21st century and go digital, but I'll miss my dependable old Nikon.

I have used a Nikon F-4 for years, but with everything going digital it just seems a dinosaur now. It's harder to find film, and developing is as expensive as ever. I need to get into the 21st century and go digital, but I'll miss my dependable old Nikon.
Don't be scared of digital.....I think you just might like it. :D My husband loves it, I don't want to say he is tight, but he hates to spend money when it isn't necessary; and he does resist change.....I just got him to start using the card machine when checking out. :s With a digital camera & an 8GB SD card, you don't have to worry about running out of film, you can snap away with no worries, and you can print your favorites, edit them yourself, and end up saving a bunch of money that you won't even notice. My husband would usually go through a roll of 24 shots over the garbage can tossing the ones he didn't like. With him being a perfectionist, he tossed a lot of pictures that most would have kept. :)

I use an 8GB card & have never filled it up, (even shooting what seemed nonstop at an air show for 3 days) and I have a 4GB for a backup. I have learned that regardless of my plan, I now take one card out and put the other in when I go to download pix. Lesson learned on a vacation when I realized that 2 days worth of pictures were lost because my husband put the battery back in the camera & didn't put the card in, while I see the camera in the bag ready to go, thought he had put it all together & didn't think to check. :D Prize winning photos were never there. :p

Totally agree, once you go digital you won't ever look back. You can instantly view (on most) the pic in the viewfinder, if you don't like it, delete it. I also have an 8 gig card and the only time I ever come close to using all of it is on video mode.

Mine Nikon was only $99 bucks (bought the 8 gig card separate). Great camera but does not get long distance shots well, tends to just become part of the background past 150 feet. I've tried holding it up and filming video of PGR runs that were strung out a mile ahead of me and it only really showed the first 4 bikes up from me. Just don't pick up distance that well. Guess you gotta spend more money for that.

Totally agree, once you go digital you won't ever look back. You can instantly view (on most) the pic in the viewfinder, if you don't like it, delete it. I also have an 8 gig card and the only time I ever come close to using all of it is on video mode.

Mine Nikon was only $99 bucks (bought the 8 gig card separate). Great camera but does not get long distance shots well, tends to just become part of the background past 150 feet. I've tried holding it up and filming video of PGR runs that were strung out a mile ahead of me and it only really showed the first 4 bikes up from me. Just don't pick up distance that well. Guess you gotta spend more money for that.

That is easy for you to say:p I have to read the instructions if I can find them, Don't want no more problems with Cameras:bigsmiley24:

I love photography and since I started riding a motorcycle, I have encountered new challenges. I do have a Canon DSLR, but I don't use it much, and I would never take it with me on the bike. I got a RAM mount and put my pocket size Sony 7MP model on it. It did pretty good including fair videos. Then I put my Sony HX1 and my Sony H7, with are bigger high end point-and-shoots on the mount. I think the weight of them caused them to shake more and actually damaged them as they don't take good hand held photos any more. I got some good photos on the Natchez Trace recently by hanging the camera around my neck, putting the throttle lock on, and holding the camera up and taking the shots. Wish they made a left handed camera!
Here's a link to my photography site so you can see the type of photos I am interested in taking.

Sandy Warren | RedBubble

have a look at the Nikon D40S... very nice if you like the F-4...i would love to have a F-4, i still like to muck around with my old 35mm

I love your picture of Bogie and Soule. :D

Heh, heh, heh!!!! Thanks Tank! That is an OLD film shot. We took the dogs and horses to the Pearl River with some KFC for a picnic on the 4th of July back when we were young (20's) and had some fun with the critters. Oh to be that young again......... and have the Harleys!

have a look at the Nikon D40S... very nice if you like the F-4...i would love to have a F-4, i still like to muck around with my old 35mm

Thanks for the tip lorne. I'll check that one out when I'm ready to blow some $$$ to launch me into the 21st century of photography.

Back