free website stats program Cameras | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cameras

I use a Nikon D-50, and a D-80 as my cameras. As Lorne said...they are big, BUT they DO fit well in my saddle bags. They both take fantastic photos!

BRIAN

i still have a small collection of 35mm camera that i use from time to time...anyone else???

I still have that old 8 MM camera and projector and some rolls of pictures (film) Don't even know where it is.:D

i still have a small collection of 35mm camera that i use from time to time...anyone else???

A big NO on that. I was brought up with the mindset of "you better make that picture good, film and developing isn't free". With my first digital, it took me a while to realize I could snap more than 1 shot of anything at no additional charge. :D Remember long distance calls? Only on special occasions, and the phone was passed to everyone to say hi. And someone in the room was timing the call.:taunt

My husband & I both have Canon SD1400's for our pocket cameras. Yes, it takes two since we are both pretty busy & we like our pics. :D

I use my phone quite a bit these days, it will do as much as the actual pocket camera, but overall the pocket camera is easier to zoom & such if you have it with you. BTW, that would be an HTC Inspire I think. :s

We have a large and cumbersome DSLR, I want to say a Canon D?? I should know, I just had it out yesterday. It takes awesome pictures, but it is large and kind of hard to throw up while riding. :D And, now that I have cruise control, I will do that even more than I did before. :D
Checked our SLR, it's a Canon 20D. It's one of the early DSLR's, but it takes awesome pix!

Minolta X700 I bought new about 1980. Not a pocket camera but takes great pictures. I grew up on black and white prints but the new Kodak film just isn't the same. It uses the same process as color film and the blacks and half tones just aren't the same. My guess is there won't be any film in about ten years as everything is going digital.

When I started in photography the mindset was you had to make every shot count like it was the only chance you were going to get. Of course sometimes you didn't get what you expected. Sort of like life. Some of my failures did produce some intersting prints.

There is a difference between photographs and snap shots. I do use a Nikon Coolpix for snap shots but when I want a photograph, I drag out my ancient Minolta. It was state of the art when new in that it had programmed or auto exposure, aperture priority where you set the f-stop or plain old manual where you set everything. I have never used the auto exposure.

To me digital does not have the warmth of film but like I said, even film isn't like it used to be. I am often accused of living in the past and my only comment is, I wish I could.

Canon T1i, use it for sport pics of my sons wrestling...but now he graduated and we will use iot for big stuff. Now in market for a couple pocket cams...really like the Costco package deal on Nikon coolpic....Just have to convince the co-pilot lol

Back