free website stats program cam tensionner check??/ | Harley Davidson Forums

cam tensionner check??/

I have read a lot about cam tensioner on old Harley and u have to check them, and since it is cold here in ohio , I was thinking about doing the check . does anybody know if the newer bike need check up too or not? I have 2010 ultra classic . thanks

also does anybody know where to find the color code on ultra classic ?

From what I have learned, HD redesigned the tension apparatus from spring tension to hydraulic tension in 06-07. It is supposed to give a more consistent pressure to reduce wear on the pads. It is generally accepted to check the pads at no more than 25,000 miles. Some last much longer with little or no wear and some begin to fail sooner. No personal experience but I have done a lot of research on this subject since I got a 2009 TC last year with only 2700 miles on it. Lots of info out there.

I changed mine on my 05 at about 40,000 miles, can't remember if it was the inside or outside shoe but it was almost to the point of failure. I posted a pic after the change and it was ugly.

thank you guys for ur response , i got 23000 miles on mine , and am thinking to check the shoes when i have time.
also for color , i got confused about which color is mine, red sunglow or cherry sunglow...thats why i asked about where to find the code on bike . used to have a hond aand the have the code in frame ...

Back