free website stats program Cam support plate? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam support plate?

Can anyone tell me if the cam support plates are the same or have they been upgraded like the oil pump in '07?

There are different versions of the cam support plates. Why are you asking that question? Do you have a different one and want to know if it will fit your bike, are you thinking of up-grading and want to know what to get, etc.?

TQ

I want to upgrade. I'm pushing it now with 22,000 on my motor with the spring loaded tensioners, so when I upgrade this winter I want the most for my money and want to see if I can piece it all together or buy a whole kit?

I want to upgrade. I'm pushing it now with 22,000 on my motor with the spring loaded tensioners, so when I upgrade this winter I want the most for my money and want to see if I can piece it all together or buy a whole kit?

You NEED the KIT type cam plate as they have a completely different set-up on the Hydraulic tensioner system.(.)

You Cannot beat the KIT price.(.) If bought separately you would pay 3/4 of the 429$ just for the cam plate not to say just as much for the oil pump..... THINK KIT it will save you money.

Or check $$ with john Herko as The Mods say to use.

signed....BUBBIE

OK. You have two basic alternatives to consider when you up-grade: gear-driven or roller-chain conversion. Below is some info on the roller chain conversion options:

Roller Chain Conversion white paper

Roller-chain Conversion - Harley Davidson Community

And here is a pictorial when I did the roller-chain conversion on my bike:

TQs Engine Build

TQ's Engine Build - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back