free website stats program cam slider on compensator sprocket | Harley Davidson Forums

cam slider on compensator sprocket

glimmerman

trying to change anoil seal on inner primary and i discover a crack in the cam slider on the outter drive corner. nobody has 1 and i can't believe this is broken. 7k and i haven't beat this bike or driven hard. really getting fed up not only w/ dealer incompetence but harley in general. any help or anyone want to come shoot me, i'll send the address.:newsmile077:

Hang in there - at its heart, your beloved Harley is still a machine and machines have parts fail once in a while.

Your 2010 should still be under warranty. Are you saying your dealer is fighting you on this repair?

You also might want to consider paying the difference and having them replace the whole compensator with the Screaming Eagle replacement version, if your bike didn't already have it.

Agree with The Good Dr, let the warranty work for you, and an up date to the Screaming Eagle may be a big plus JMO

this is a continuing story from the "where is my trans fluid" a year ago in april. i tore this down because the 2nd dealer has screwed up the inner primary drive oil seal on a trans tear down. harley says all problems related to poor workmanship are between the customer and the dealer. since i am now looking for a 3rd dealer, having eliminated Mike's Famous (i'm banned from there) and Hannum's, i tried Chesapeake in MD. since i pulled it apart (figuring i can do a better job which i can) i have voided my warranty. as an aside, a friend went to Mike's and was talking to the service guy about my problem and he stated (now this is hearsay) i have been blacklisted by Mike's and i'll never get the trans or any service work done under warranty. a worthless piece of paper as i have stated all along.

i have been blacklisted by Mike's and i'll never get the trans or any service work done under warranty. a worthless piece of paper as i have stated all along.

Awesome!. Nice to hear of people, other than myself who get blacklisted and banned from dealerships. They hate me at my local dealership because I called them out on charging 100% over MSRP on parts that cost less than $20.

It's just plain wrong. But nobody really cares except me. According to the Mother ship, as long as they are selling bikes, they can do whatever they want.
Everybody thinks it's funny & Ok to steal.

sent a 3 pg. letter to hd and all i got was a 30 sec. phone call. talk about placing something in your swimming pool (trying to be nice here). spent 22k and they don't care. absolutely my LAST hd ever. and i hope they don't think i won't stop telling people NOT to shop at Mike's Famous in DE and CT, Annapolis HD, Annapolis, MD (same owner for all 4 stores) and Hannum's HD in PA (same owners at both)

Last edited:
absolutely my LAST hd ever.

Don't deprive yourself of the Great Ride and Enjoyment. Continue to buy HD but just don't throw money at them because you love them. Use the incredible power of the internet. Learn to repair them and shop around for your parts. It forced me to stop just wasting money with people and places who don't care and in the long run, I am now much better off.

I could tell you a story about the Ford motor company you would never, and I mean NEVER believe. But I still enjoy my Ford cage. I just will never set foot in my local dealership again or say anything nice about the parent company because like yourself, they were both involved..

Hoople has some very good advice here, we still have the power and can control our destiny, The MOCO will eventually listen and change or they will not survive, there are alot more horror stories out there Share your concerns with as many as you can, We live in the best information world of all time JMO

spent the $100 on repair parts today. will wait the week until delivery. i understand and feel the same way about welfare wagons (chrysler). had 1 and will never let another or their products park in my driveway. this has been on going since april 10 and will be a never ending story. just want my ride fixed-under warranty which i don't have.:(

Last edited:
spent the $100 on repair parts today. will wait the week until delivery. i understand and feel the same way about welfare wagons (chrysler). had 1 and will never let another or their products park in my driveway. this has been on going since april 10 and will be a never ending story. just want my ride fixed-under warranty which i don't have.:(

Shouldnt this still be a warranty issue on an 010 bike, I would be very hot and ask the MOCO where to take the bike for real service, How can a dealer ban you for there incompatence?

Back