free website stats program Cam questions... 01 fxdl | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam questions... 01 fxdl

Did y'all know that the high flow oil filter is only available with the hydraulic conversion kit now... I was going to install it with the gear setup. O well...

Did y'all know that the high flow oil filter is only available with the hydraulic conversion kit now... I was going to install it with the gear setup. O well...

What are you talking about? What hi flow oil filter? Are you talking about the hi flow oil pump? The hi flow oil pump is available with both the hydraulic conversion kit; the 25284-11, the "hybrid" kit which I believe you are considering using and the 25282-11 '07 up conversion kit (plate and pump). You can run either of those cam plates with gear drive cams with the following qualifications:
1. 25284-11 kit includes chains and tensioners which you won't need if you run gear drive cams so you wouldn't want to buy the kit; just the cam late and pump which IIRC, cannot be purchased separately, at least the plate as I think the pump can be purchased separately. So, to run this plate and pump which allows you to run early cams, you would have to buy the kit and toss the chains and tensioners.
2. 25282-11 kit is the upgrade plate for '07 up models which can be run with gear drive cams but the cams would have to be "conversion" cams and you would need the block off plates for the tensioner oil passages.

So, why not run the OEM plate, CYCO tensioners, new inner/outer cam bearings and the Daytona hi-flow pump with your gear dive cams. The Daytona pump can be bought on Ebay or from Drag Specialties.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...l+pump.TRS0&_nkw=daytona+oil+pump&_sacat=6000

Attachments

• Drag Oil Pump.JPG
    Drag Oil Pump.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 2
Sruffman,
I was wrong about the separate purchase of the SE billet plates; at least they have part number in the instruction sheets instead of "not purchased separately". The billet plate in 25284-11 is PN 2540018 and the plate in 25282-11 is PN 25400019. The pump is the same PN for both plates PN 62400001. So, you, depending on cam choice, you can run either billet plate and the hi-flow pump. Just check availability and price on one of the online discount HD sites like Newcastle, Surdyke, etc.

Mr Dolt . . . .
When a cam bearing comes apart, meaning little bit of metal in the cam chest , besides flushing what else should be done ?
Are there any further concerns that I should have ?

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I'll post pics of the parts that are coming out of my bike . . .

I'm not dolt but I'll give you my 2cents. Flush the cam chest and changing your oil and filter would be a good place to start.

Yeah . . . Waiting on the oil pump , the old one was kind of shot? Bike only has twenty thousand miles on it , but I put three thousand on it in a month where as the last owner didn't put that on it in five years .
What about the possibility of fragments going through the cylinder heads? That's my concern . .

BTW . . . That section is getting flushed like a public toilet . . . Many many times a day. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
The filter should have picked up any debris big enough to cause any damage. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.

Cut your oil filter in half and inspect it for metel debris.

Will do . . . .
I just realized that my motor will be a Hines 57 now. . . Feeling oil pump , S@S gears and push rods, Andrews cams, and Harley back plate. . . A Frankenstein heart !

Back