free website stats program Cam Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Question

If I am reading things right you have an eleven year old engine, miles are likley getting up there and you have it all apart, bore it out and drop some 1550 pistons into it, 95 cu in and your cam upgrade you will be rocking.

If I am reading things right you have an eleven year old engine, miles are likley getting up there and you have it all apart, bore it out and drop some 1550 pistons into it, 95 cu in and your cam upgrade you will be rocking.

Not sure if you're responding to my post (I think you are) or someone elses, but if it's my post, then I wish I could do what you're suggesting. Already spent more on this upgrade than I should have, and might not be keeping this bike for that much longer anyway. If work doesn't pick up soon, I might have to sell it. If work does get better, I would love to trade it in on a new Ultra Limited. Everytime I go to the dealer for parts (or just to mess with the pretty cashier) I drool over the new Limiteds. I could be very comfy on one of those babies. (the bike, not the cashier, although......) :D
And my scoot only has 23,500 miles. Not bad for an 11 yr. old bike. I bought it 2 1/2 years ago from the original owner and it only had 14,000 miles when I got it. He said he rode it to Sturgis twice and Wyoming once, so if you do the math, thats almost the 14K right there. He must not have ridden it much other than those 3 trips. Hopefully my in./lbs. torque wrench is in the mail today (ordered it from Ebay) and I can finish the upgrade today and test out my wrenching ability. I don't have a bike lift, but need to get the rear wheel off the ground to center the oil pump before torquing the bolts and to get to TDC to adjust the pushrods. If I put a 2" x 6" under the frame and use my cars jack and get someone to hold the bike while spinning the rear wheel, do y'all think I would be safe with this idea??? Don't want it to fall when I'm this close to finishing. Thanks.

Back