free website stats program Cam install video | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam install video

Can't wait to do it. My parts are 150 miles from me and I won't get them till Tuesday!! Gonna be a LONG weekend. Oh well got to cut grass anyway!:p

Can't wait to do it. My parts are 150 miles from me and I won't get them till Tuesday!! Gonna be a LONG weekend. Oh well got to cut grass anyway!:p

Well the video was very complete, but would still like hearing any hi-lights or difficult items you have (or see) when you do yours.

Thanks Joe, That's the kind of video I like. (I watched the whole thing last night) I especially like the parts on adjusting the lifters. Here's a question I have... If in the process of adjusting the lifters & you wait for & they bleed down and then you find you've made a mistake...do you relieve the tension & wait again do you get a second chance, or do you have to start the engine and let the oil pump system re-pump them up ?

Sometimes that fellow in the video sure worked fast :newsmile100:

Thanks Joe, That's the kind of video I like. (I watched the whole thing last night) I especially like the parts on adjusting the lifters. Here's a question I have... If in the process of adjusting the lifters & you wait for & they bleed down and then you find you've made a mistake...do you relieve the tension & wait again do you get a second chance, or do you have to start the engine and let the oil pump system re-pump them up ?

Sometimes that fellow in the video sure worked fast :newsmile100:

From what I understand about lifters and looking at the cut away in the video, the lifters are spring loaded. I would think if to made a mistake in the adjustment then back off and reset your Zero lash and take it from there. Like he said, make sure you can spin the pushrods after about 10 minutes before rotating the engine to adjust the next set.

or do you have to start the engine and let the oil pump system re-pump them up ?

No. If you happen to loose count "in a big way" (not just a few flats), depending on your piston to valve clearance, you could do damage.

Back