free website stats program Cam Cover Heat Sink - Any good? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Cover Heat Sink - Any good?

Merlynn

Just saw an ad for a cam cover heat sink by JimsUSA in a motorcycle magazine. Always looking for ways to reduce my heat signature on my Ultra down here in south Florida. Does anyone have experience with this product? Is it worth the money?

A quote from a Jim's rep...
"The insert is not only meant to “help” cool, but also “look cool”. When installed, we saw Cam Cover Surface Temperatures drop approx 10 degrees. We do not boast that this product will drop your “oil temp” significantly, it just helps reduce temps.

It’s a blend of function and styling. "

No experience with it, but it does seem to have more looks than function, given the small amount of surface area exposure for conduction cooling, and airflow for convection cooling.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7u7MhqJ8sLs/T...WWL7ISZ1mU/s1600-h/2311 action compare[5].jpg
2311+action+compare%5B5%5D.jpg

At $75 to $95 it probably will lighten the weight in your wallet at the very least...JMO.:small3d002:

Last edited:
and... how fun would it be to tear it apart and clean every ride? Those holes would be a nightmare. Just a great opportunity for corosion.

I mean no offense, but it looks like it slices, it dices, it makes julian fries... Seriously, it looks like a sausage casing should slide over it?

Brutal and effective reviews, thanks gentlemen, guess Ill be looking at the lenale fan then. ; )

I hope I didn't offend, honestly. Its easy for a brash guy like me to be taken the wrong way. It's a "to each his own" thing on looks, but I highly doubt it would do anything at all to lower the engine temp... (Unless do to it being so ugly you have to keep the bike moving LOL)

Back