cam change questions...

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by pawpaw01, Mar 19, 2010.

1. pawpaw01

pawpaw01 Member

I would appreciate some sound advice & suggestions from the "cam gurus" on this site. I have an '08 FXSTC with a basic stage 1 upgrade. I am wanting to upgrade the cams to increase low end & mid-range power. I don't want to get any headwork done or change compression ratio if possible. I ride 2 up more than alone and don't usually run in the higher RPM range while riding. My questions are; 1- do I need to install a gear drive kit or will the chain drive be sufficient? 2- I am considering the Woods 6-6 as a possible install, is there any other cams that would work better for what I am looking for? Thanks for any input and remember, Ride Safe...

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

the chains in the 07 + will get it done instead fo going to gear drives.. as for cams ill leave that to others i find it a personal choice

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I run Andrews 26's and am happy with the performance that my E/G gives me. Has not affected fuel mileage any.
    kemo

4. rancid

rancid Active Member

screaming eagle 255 cams are a real nice boost up to 3500rpm nice torque down low, they would be my choice, gear drive is a no no on a stocky no need, expensive and probably make alot of noise with the crank runout your bike WILL have.

5. browndog115

browndog115 New Member

Try the guys at Fuel moto USA. They have the best service and packages. I just did a complete package on my FLHTC and they made it a piece of cake. I got the cam kit, adjustable push rods, gaskets and a power commander that was already programmed for what I got. fuelmotousa.com
    They supply Wood's performance cams and you will be stoked with the results!
    I gained 26 horse power and 26 ft lbs of torque...

6. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

255 se in mine and love them