free website stats program cam change questions... | Harley Davidson Forums

cam change questions...

pawpaw01

I would appreciate some sound advice & suggestions from the "cam gurus" on this site. I have an '08 FXSTC with a basic stage 1 upgrade. I am wanting to upgrade the cams to increase low end & mid-range power. I don't want to get any headwork done or change compression ratio if possible. I ride 2 up more than alone and don't usually run in the higher RPM range while riding. My questions are; 1- do I need to install a gear drive kit or will the chain drive be sufficient? 2- I am considering the Woods 6-6 as a possible install, is there any other cams that would work better for what I am looking for? Thanks for any input and remember, Ride Safe...

the chains in the 07 + will get it done instead fo going to gear drives.. as for cams ill leave that to others i find it a personal choice

I run Andrews 26's and am happy with the performance that my E/G gives me. Has not affected fuel mileage any.
kemo

screaming eagle 255 cams are a real nice boost up to 3500rpm nice torque down low, they would be my choice, gear drive is a no no on a stocky no need, expensive and probably make alot of noise with the crank runout your bike WILL have.

Try the guys at Fuel moto USA. They have the best service and packages. I just did a complete package on my FLHTC and they made it a piece of cake. I got the cam kit, adjustable push rods, gaskets and a power commander that was already programmed for what I got. fuelmotousa.com
They supply Wood's performance cams and you will be stoked with the results!
I gained 26 horse power and 26 ft lbs of torque...

Back