free website stats program Cam chain tensioner | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam chain tensioner

Wow...that puppy looks brand new!

Yes it did, Jim. The inner one looks just as good, I used one of those angled dental mirrors to check it. Getting ready for a trip to North Carolina in November and wanted to check them before I left. Thrilled to see how well they looked.

Lookin good.What brand of oil you using Mav? How often you changing it?

Aren't the '08 engines equipped with hydraulic tensioners? If so, isn't that what solved the problem with tensioners exploding in earlier engines and in that case shouldn't those tensioners pictured look like that anyhow?

Confused and curious as I have an '06 with 18K on it that I will soon have to address this issue.

Last edited:
Aren't the '08 engines equipped with hydraulic tensioners? If so, isn't that what solved the problem with tensioners exploding in earlier engines and in that case shouldn't those tensioners pictured look like that anyhow?

Confused and curious as I have an '06 with 18K on it that I will soon have to address this issue.

You are correct. However its good to see that they look like they do with 35K miles. Not a thing wrong with opening it up and having a look with 35K. Proactive maintenance is a good thing.

Yes, but its proof instead of HD saying they should last longer. makes me feel better.

Back