free website stats program Cam Chain Tensioner removal | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam Chain Tensioner removal

Re: Cam Chain Tensioner removal:eek:ne for TQ, Glider, Hobbet, etc.

I replaced the spring with a new HD part that I found to be approx. 3/32-1/8" longer than the original (I'm not surprised to see spring fatigue on the original based on threads I've seen here). I've also added the Zipper shim, now I am seeing oil pressure in the neighborhood of 48 lbs on the guage at idle with it climbing to 60 psi but not pegging the gauage at 4k rpm. Now, realizing that pressure switch and guage accuracy come into play, is this pressure excessive? Is this elevated pressure too much? I haven't had the bike on the road yet, wanted some opinions first. As an aside, the guage is rock solid compared to readings previous to replacing the spring. See oil pump bypass spring - Harley Davidson Community
for the original question. Thanks in advance.

After I replaced my OEM spring with the Baisley spring (and also replaced the tensioner) my pressures would be high (up to at least 60 psi when cold). Now that I have a few thousand miles on the new spring, the pressure is up over 45 psi when cold, but once the heat comes up, the pressure drops to around 34-38 psi at highway speeds, and around 10 psi at idle. I suggest you ride it for a while and see what happens.

TQ

Back