free website stats program cam bearings | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

cam bearings

Are you thinking now that you might have a bent push rod. If so how did it get bent.
kemo

Don't look at me, it was that way when I found it!:D LOL. I am thinking it is as BUBBIE described. Looks like the 2 halves of the rod are a little out of alignment when snugged up. Rotate it after bleed down and there is noticeable run-out on a couple of these rods. New set of rods are on their way.

Don't look at me, it was that way when I found it!:D LOL. I am thinking it is as BUBBIE described. Looks like the 2 halves of the rod are a little out of alignment when snugged up. Rotate it after bleed down and there is noticeable run-out on a couple of these rods. New set of rods are on their way.

Must have been hit with a frozen pork chop instead of a hammer:s

You should remove the suspect p/r and roll it on flat surface and see if it has a wobble. I have the new style S/E adj p/r's and the only problem with them was a jam nut split on me when I was adjusting them. I have since removed all the nuts and replaced them with a set of custom machined stainlees steel nuts. The nuts are 3/8" XC 24 with 1/2" acroos the flats and I could not find any at the fastner wholesale houses. I was in a pinch so I took a standard nut 1/2" across the flats and drilled it to 21/64 and ran a 24 tpi tap. I ran it that way for 12000 miles until I swapped the nuts with no problems.
kemo

You should remove the suspect p/r and roll it on flat surface and see if it has a wobble. I have the new style S/E adj p/r's and the only problem with them was a jam nut split on me when I was adjusting them. I have since removed all the nuts and replaced them with a set of custom machined stainlees steel nuts. The nuts are 3/8" XC 24 with 1/2" acroos the flats and I could not find any at the fastner wholesale houses. I was in a pinch so I took a standard nut 1/2" across the flats and drilled it to 21/64 and ran a 24 tpi tap. I ran it that way for 12000 miles until I swapped the nuts with no problems.
kemo

It was Kinda CRUDE when I fixed mine But it Worked!!!... Turning the push-rod While adjusted, Showed the ONE was Way Out of round.. The adjustment was good ,,,,So I took a bucking bar and placed it properly to take the ABUSE (I get a lot of that from Glider) and tap with small rubber hammer ..It straightened out enough to be call straight... Worked that way never needing adjustment again.... If I ever HAD to re-adjust it again, I would of Bought New Ones..

It was Kinda CRUDE when I fixed mine But it Worked!!!... Turning the push-rod While adjusted, Showed the ONE was Way Out of round.. The adjustment was good ,,,,So I took a bucking bar and placed it properly to take the ABUSE (I get a lot of that from Glider) and tap with small rubber hammer ..It straightened out enough to be call straight... Worked that way never needing adjustment again.... If I ever HAD to re-adjust it again, I would of Bought New Ones..

Adapt and over come, great way of thinking thru the problem Bubbie:s

,So I took a bucking bar and placed it properly to take the ABUSE (I get a lot of that from Glider)

Have you forgotten the ...

Poof12345.jpg

:lolrolling:bigsmiley20:

Back